Win Hiding/Removing "Play Disc"
Hi,

Hopefully this is the correct forum to post this question.

Currently I'm using the Back Row skin with Frodo. I've managed to customize the menu to my needs except one small thing I can't seem to change; "Play Disc". I understand you can hide "Videos" and whatnot from the main menu but is there a way to hide or remove "Play Disc"?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this is has been asked before, I couldn't find it anywhere.

Cheers,
John
Hi John

Currently the "Play Disc" home menu item only appears if you have a disc drive connected with an actual disc in it. I never implemented a specific visibility condition just for that item as I was aiming to make it a fairly simple process. I can look into it and maybe add it as an option. Is there any particular reason why you would need to disable it? - Just curious.
Hi Sharpe,

I set about creating a HTPC instead of getting Sky or something similar. Whilst getting it up and running, I found a lot of obstacles with WMC, on demand TV, mainly. I found that XBMC can cope with this side of things brilliantly and works the way I want it to. I’ve set it up so WMC handles the Live TV, DVD’s, my media and I switch between XBMC with the remote to handle the online side of things. Ideally, I would have liked to have used one media center exclusively but the XBMC Live TV/PVR isn’t currently as easy and as flawless as WMC – I hate to say it and hopefully given time this will change.

Basically, I’ve hidden every standard menu item in Back Row (videos, settings etc.) and using the custom home shortcuts have a single row of online TV; iPlayer, 4oD, YouTube etc. The only thing that is out of place is the “Play Disc” item. I didn’t realise that it only appeared when there was a disc in the drive though, that’s nice to know.

Back Row is the only skin I’ve found that lets me customise it the way I want, it’s just that one menu item I’ll never use and I’d like to get rid of.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply and if there is a way, I’d be very grateful but don’t worry yourself too much. Awesome work with the skin btw, thank you.

John
Oh I see what you're doing - okay I'll look into adding an option to remove it after the next round of skin updates have been added to the main xbmc repo. Should be available to test within the next week or so.
Thank you, much appreciated and I look forward to testing it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hiding/Removing "Play Disc"0