Audio through both HDMI and analog?
Hello,

I have XBMC (OpenElec, 2.99.5 RC5 running on Asus P8H77-I board and i3 3220 CPU) connected to my AVR (Yamaha RX-A3020) through HDMI. My setup includes 3 zones (main zone with 5.1 speakers and zones 2/3 both stereo). Due to limitations of the receiver, I can only output digital audio through HDMI to the main zone but I want to use XBMC to listem to music (mp3) on zones 2 and 3. So I must connect my XBMC box through analog cable to the AVR as well.

My problem is how to setup XBMC output for this setup. I can setup passthrough to HDMI and "Audio output device" to Analog. So MP3 files are played through the analog device. Problem is, when there are movies with formats the AVR doesn't support (like 5.1 AAC), I have no sound and I need to switch back and forth between these settings.

Is there any way to config XBMC to always output "Audio output device" to both HDMI and analog at the same time? So the AVR can pick up the source itself (use HDMI in the main zone and analog in zones 2/3)?

Thanks.
Anyone?

Even if it can't be done, so I can stop searching...
Please in future make some effort of consulting wiki and forums before posting and most specially in your case the Openelec forums and wiki, however:

see XBMC_for_Linux_specific_FAQ#Dual_Audio_setup (wiki) which points to http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145430

uNi
I actually did try to search but probably missed the thread in all the noise of the search results.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio through both HDMI and analog?0