• Add option for Random/Suggested items to Home Widget
  • Add Option to Hide System Power Button
  • Add Option to Auto Hide Home Submenus
  • Watched Symbol made bigger & brighter + toggle option to hide
  • Added User Watched/New Banner Option to Poster View
  • Returned Hard Floor Image to all screens except Home
  • Bugfix added return to video playlist command
  • Updated language files from Transifex

To change "watched" banner in Poster View, you need to create a folder named "banner" in the Mod's media directory and place your images named "Watched.png" and "Unwatched.png" in there. Names can be translated as per XBMC language strings #16101 & #16102
Noli illegitimi carborundum

(2013-04-06, 18:45)bananabomb Wrote: I think I tried this, with no luck. Will try it tomorrow to be sure.

Just a note though : the original confluence theme offers the possibility to add a custom background, which wiil be used for all the menus. If you run my test (delete the image from the physical drive), the custom background won't be displayed anymore, which means that it's not the thumbnail that's used by the theme.

EDIT : I tried this morning to store one custom image in a "homescreens" directory I created in the skin.confluence.custom.mod dir, and I confirm that the behaviour is the same : the thumbnail is used as background, not the image itself.

Okay had a look on my system and yes the images are cached & still show when deleted, on my system the cached images are of a similar quality (I can't see any difference) There are settings you can change in "advancedsettings.xml" to change quality.

If I place the images in the skin folder & then select them by using the "home directory" choice on the file browser, my background disappears when they are deleted.

(2013-03-28, 09:44)Mudislander Wrote: Time for a screenshot I think.

Music Viz screen. Fanart turned off to show default background of a few CD cases from your collection. Went with a big spinning CD disc on bottom left instead of usual case and disc. I've seen it on a couple skins but to be honest I "lifted" the code from ACE by MarcosQui - Thanks!! Artist logo also on show.

Also added current playlist button & artist bio once Menu up

Think that should be about it for Music Viz now Smile Time to move onto VideoOSD - any ideas let me know.

I was excited about this Skin because I have not found a good way to load and play Music Videos. This seemed like it would treat Music Videos the same way as Movies and TV shows. However, I have installed the various zip files. Some say broken and some don't show up. Any ideas?

I am anxious to try out the Skin - expecially the one Github version which seems to customize the ability to better present Music Videos in the Library.

I am a total newbie just looking for a solution. I am using the Eden version of confluence right now.

Thanks for your work.

Thanks
@wdpcpa You'll need to be running XBMC 12 (Frodo) for this Mod. ATM the git & repo versions are the same, so easiest is install repo via zip option & then install Mod from repo. That'll make sure all dependancies are met.

So Eden seems stable. Should I always update to the new version. Just getting things like I like them so I am always cautious.
(2013-04-08, 14:56)wdpcpa Wrote: So Eden seems stable. Should I always update to the new version. Just getting things like I like them so I am always cautious.

The Question Big Grin

Windows --> 3.0 --> 95 --> 98 --> ME --> XP --> Vista --> Win7 --> Win8 (Roughly - off the top of my head)

XBMC --> Xbox --> Camelot --> Dhama --> Eden --> Frodo

Where do you want to be - I can't advise you - depends what you want out of your system.

(2013-04-08, 14:56)wdpcpa Wrote: So Eden seems stable. Should I always update to the new version. Just getting things like I like them so I am always cautious.
If you're using windows you can try Frodo as a portable build - it just needs a tweak to the shortcut before your first run - without disturbing your Eden setup. That way everything stays within one folder wherever you stick it on the pc.
(2013-04-07, 14:01)Mudislander Wrote: Okay had a look on my system and yes the images are cached & still show when deleted, on my system the cached images are of a similar quality (I can't see any difference) There are settings you can change in "advancedsettings.xml" to change quality.

If I place the images in the skin folder & then select them by using the "home directory" choice on the file browser, my background disappears when they are deleted.

Placing the images in the skin folder still doesn't work for me, but enhancing the thumbnails quality did the trick though, thanks for the tip !
hi mudislander!

great enhancements in version 1.0.4 except

[*]Watched Symbol made bigger & brighter + toggle option to hide

imo the bright yellow doesn't suit well to the rest. i would prefer it blue like other highlighted text or white.
of course it is your artistic decision Wink maybe i can easily change the color in a xml myself?

i really like that one can see the biography. it's a shame that last.fm shortened the available biography of artists Sad

after using your mod for a while, i have 3 questions/requests Smile

- what addon is needed to show artist logos or a printed cd like in your screenshot? i only see the xbmc logo and default cd image, even with very well known bands and albums. could you maybe add an option to disable the band logo?

- cd covers next to the biography: i think it messes the screen a bit up. is it possible to disable them?

and one other small feature request:

- is it possible to show an indicator in music fullscreen mode when shuffle or repeat is on? right now one has to check the state by pressing menu button.
Only used yellow 'cause it was available Smile Don't mind changing to white, blue watched symbols are unfortunately difficult to see on my projector.

To get artwork for artists I use cdArt Manager, I can take out the fallback to XBMC logo no problem. Will try removing CD covers on Bio & see what it looks like. Re the repat/shuffle notification - I'll have to look into what I can do.

Loving the update.

I know you said you fixed the return to main menu from custom menu items, but it still takes me 4 presses of the menu button to get back.

I'm on AppleTV 2 if that's the problem.
I'll check that it was actually added Smile You will need to redo your menu item as the command will have to be changed to allow a return to the main menu.

(2013-04-08, 16:22)Mudislander Wrote: XBMC --> Xbox --> Atlantis --> Babylon --> Camelot --> Dhama --> Eden --> Frodo

:p
(2013-04-12, 13:57)olympia Wrote:
(2013-04-08, 16:22)Mudislander Wrote: XBMC --> Xbox --> Atlantis --> Babylon --> Camelot --> Dhama --> Eden --> Frodo

:p

I stand corrected Big Grin In hind sight I knew that.

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod11