• 70(current)
CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod
(2014-04-11, 05:01)Mudislander Wrote: Will be removing it sometime. I don't like the studio logo there either.

Ok Thnx! love this skin the best there is!
(2014-04-12, 22:47)HenryFord33 Wrote: Anyone else finding this skin slows everything down with Gotham Beta? Even on a fresh install its very slow for me when comparing to how it ran on Frodo...

Nope I'm fine here, what machine you use?
There's no substitute for experience
(2014-04-13, 07:49)bluechris Wrote:
(2014-04-12, 22:47)HenryFord33 Wrote: Anyone else finding this skin slows everything down with Gotham Beta? Even on a fresh install its very slow for me when comparing to how it ran on Frodo...

Nope I'm fine here, what machine you use?

I'm using it on an Ouya, this skin was lighting fast for me with Frodo but slow with the newest Gotham. Chances are its something on my end if no one else is having the problem with speed.
question about gotham in general - maybe not totally skin related

on gothams page of xbmc wiki it says gotham has "Added support for customizable menu structure for home and beyond"

i'm interested in the "and beyond" part. always thought it would be great to organise my own menu structure.

anyone know anything about this ie how to do it?

sorry i know this isnt the right thread exactly but i couldnt find a gotham beta 3 thread.
(2014-04-10, 17:51)Mudislander Wrote: Updated Repo to contain Gotham version, support for Frodo will no longer be maintained.

Few fixes but still a lot of code changes to be implemented for Gotham code - Continue to shout out if something's not working. I'll eventually get to it.

Mod can be installed from the Hybrid Repo

This is slightly disappointing and puzzling. Since the update, I've now been getting the "dependencies not met" every time I start XBMC or switch profiles. Nothing seems to be actually happening other than the annoying notification but others have stated they are getting prompted to remove the mod or it has been removed (I personally have not seen this.)

Of course, what you choose to do with a free mod for a free software application is entirely up to you and it is a great mod as 70 pages of posts here can attest, but why would you choose to halt development and fixes for the current version and only allow the version that's in beta to be supported? That's just not good software development practice.

I don't intend to switch to Gotham until it's fully released, no betas, no RC's and even then, I intend to run it through my test platform before deploying it to my production machine. This is a practice I highly recommend for those with others in the household that use the machine daily (such as kids or spouse). So basically, I have to contend with the stupid notification, whatever else might happen as others have reported or look for a new skin. Like I said, it's a great skin, it's my go-to choice, but a disappointing decision to hear about.

Is there someway to fork the development in some other package/repo/whatever so we can just have the last Frodo version installed with no update to be bugged about? It worked just fine.
Try disabling the repo so it stops reporting that there is an updated that does not run on Frodo.

Good practice or not I run Gotham on all of my machines and unfortunately there are some major changes from Frodo and I certainly do not have the time to keep the mod running on a XBMC version I don't use, especially as I actually use Hybrid as my skin of choice.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Rightly or wrongly I understand Mudislander's decision. Its hard to keep everything supported, and still be ready on day one for the official Gotham release too.

That being said, unless a major glitch occurs (which Mudislander might come back and patch for us if we ask nicely), CCM is now pretty solid development wise and should see us through until Gotham is officially released. I know I haven't touched my configuration for quite some time now.

I too won't be moving to Gotham for a while (which is a pity, because I'm waiting on some of the new Gotham features), since some of my daily used addons don't yet support it. Funnily enough their answer is the opposite: "Gotham is still in Beta and not yet officially released, so we don't yet support it" Wink

PS: I tried disabling the repo, but that didn't seem to remove the Skin from the update list. Uninstalling the Repo seemed to do the trick though... (I'll just add it back when I move to Gotham - no big deal)

I just hope most of the existing CCM functionality can make its way across to the Gotham version, so we dont have to go through the same list of requests all over again Nod

THANKS again for this fantastic skin!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2014-04-10, 17:51)Mudislander Wrote: Updated Repo to contain Gotham version, support for Frodo will no longer be maintained.

Few fixes but still a lot of code changes to be implemented for Gotham code - Continue to shout out if something's not working. I'll eventually get to it.

Mod can be installed from the Hybrid Repo

I've installed gotham and then hybrid repo but neither ccm or hybrid skin work now

Hybrid lists as incompatible and then dependencies not met

Ccm shows update available but again dependencies not met
Installed and working fine on Gotham Beta 4. Thanks again for all the hard work!
Hi,

First things first. This is a great skin mod, probably my favourite skin of them all and is what I wished the original default Confluence skin was. I understand that the default needs to be stripped back to run well on all manner of systems but it was that little bit too restricted e.g. no multiple backgrounds.

I've just reinstalled Frodo and was dissapointed to find I can no longer install CCM from any of the repositories (including Hybrid Repo) - Dependencies not met / broken.

From reading the last few pages, I now see that you are concentrating dev time on the upcoming Gotham release and as such CCM needed an extensive set of changes so you no longer have time to support Frodo. Fair enough.

BUT, Is there any way you could kindly make the last stable build of CCM Frodo version available in a unique repository so I can install and still use CCM in Frodo?

Maybe there I can turn off auto update, or as you might be able to put it in a unique repository, the new Gotham CCM build releases would have no effect on this?

I, like others don't yet want to venture into Gotham Beta and lose functionalities elsewhere (e.g. addons that are not yet supported). I am waiting until the first main release (any eta on this? i'm very new to xbmc). CCM Frodo seemed really solid to me so could still get alot of use from people until Gotham.

If none of this is possible, can anyone point me in a direction of the next best skin. I tried Hybrid and while it was good, I missed the middle horizontal scrolling and wasn't as keen on the magnified options (sorry).

Cheers.
I've got some graphics missing:

1) the home screen horizontal menu has zero graphics; it only has the text eg "movies" "tv shows" etc).
2) another example is all the buttons in the osd eg play, pause etc)
4) also some background are missing in the home screen (using global backgrounds), i just get a black screen in the background.

android gotham beta3 (and i tired beta4).

would a log help? http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=184046

or should i be sticking to a specific previous gotham beta release?
Anybody have subtitle problem solved (no action when click on subtitle button)
Gotham beta 4
Kodi v17 “Krypton” Latest Released
Windows 8.1
It's fixed , download latest ccm
There's no substitute for experience
wich version is the latest ccm?

I've got v2.0.0
I seem to have a prob with this mod in that I cant see my music shared folders over smb share. The folders can be seen but if i go into any artist, the folder is empty.
Changed to another skin and tried the same thing and the files are there. Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod11