Keep alive
Hi.
Been using xbmc for ages and i've always missed one single feature: Being able to keep my master XBMC alive.
I have my master box in the living room, and the slaves/clients wakes it up upon booting. Since i have all the tuners in the master XBMC keeping it alive is crusial.

Is there something i have missed? Does such a service addon exist? Could somebody find it in their heats to give such an addon to the community?

What i would find ideal is that the master service configuration should have a bunch of ip-adresses entered, and if these are alive simply postpone the standby/shutdown of XBMC.

I really do hope this either exists or can be achieved relatively easy. The wake-on-lan addon has a "keep sending WOL" could this be extended with the possibility to run a script or keeping the master alive via json? I might be able to do this myself with some input.

Thank you for reading. Hi!

I don't have many coding hours under my belt but if somebody could point me in the right direction i would be willing to give my time to the project. Although I do fear that i'll never reach my goal.
I actually have a bash script that does exactly what i want - could this relatively easy be turned into an addon which runs the script every five minuttes?
Found this: https://github.com/bluecube/service.inhibit_shutdown

I guess I'll be looking into adding a remote ssh/ping type check.
I know this is an old thread, but wondered if you ever made a plugin / script todo this?
I only just realised that the advanced WOL was simply allowing my server to sleep then quickly waking up (I thought sending packets would keep it awake.. )
Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keep alive0