Status XBMC on RPi
Thanks for all helping to make XBMC a great thing! I am going to replace my ATOM/ION-based Windows MediaCenter-PC to run XBMC on a RPi instead. Now, after testing for a couple of weeks now (OpenELEC and Raspbmc and comparing to XBMC on a standard PC) I find only this disadvantages:
1. TV channel switching sometimes fails on the RPi - the TVHeadend-1088v1080 issue and/or the i-frame stuff could be the reason for this
2. FF/Rewind of video or Recorded TV doesn't work on the RPi
3. No possibility of recording TV-series, only single episodes
4. no 'delete'-buttom for multimedia-content
5. sometimes, TV channel logos disappear forever (on RPi)
6. would be great to have also USB-Audio on the RPi
7. Teletext appear in too big size, so no chance to switch pages

Anyone knowing the status of this issues, would it be solved in the future, or are solutions already available?
If you want to record series, use a mythtv backend. Although I thought tvheadend could do this now.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I don't believe #2 is possible with hardware decoding as simply a hardware limitation (maybe? devs?). I hear some people are experimenting with #6 already, but I don't know what the progress of it is. Not sure what you mean in #4, since it should be possible to delete media files from within XBMC already (needs to be turned on in Settings -> Videos -> File lists).

#1, 3, and 5 depend on the TV backend server more than XBMC, except for #1 is a bug on our side, but might not be a bug for all TV backends.
Sorry, this is not my experience:
4. I don't find a switch to delete something
5. this only happens on the RPi, not under Windows. The logo-link is OK (Lyngsat)
7. forgot to add this before

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Status XBMC on RPi0