Feature Request: Wake On Lan feature
Right now I use a separate WOL app for android to wake up my XBMC box then switch to the XBMC Remote app.
I figure many people probably be in a similar situation where they would need to wake up a machine (maybe have it as an option you can set up for your server, if it doesn't respond, send the packet?)
Are you talking about waking up the XBMC box itself or a different box, such as a file server? If it's the XBMC box, the Official Android Remote app already has a button that can be used to wake up the XBMC system.
I see now there is WOL info but it doesnt appear to wake my box, is there some kind of user action i need to take to tell it to wake?
Did you specify the MAC address of your XBMC system when you setup the profile for it in the remote app? And, yes, you need to press the button to wake up your system.
Yes, I used the clipboard to copy the MAC address from the working standalone WOL app for android to make sure
But did you press the red button to wake up your system? It should be on the initial page when you launch the remote app:
  • Remote Control
  • Connect
  • Power On
Ah, there's my problem: I never see a "Power On" option.
It always reads Power Off, even when I've used the remote to Power Off xbmc.

For example, right now, my htpc is sleeping and I've launched the Remote app, I get a java IO exception after the connection timeout is reached. Still no Power On option! Any way I can fix this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Request: Wake On Lan feature0