Req Power Saving mode: Videosignal off VESA DPMS
Hi there.

This feature suggestion is mainly targeted for Raspberry Pi version of Xbmc, but nevertheless can be useful to all.
With Windows XBMC Settings/System/power Saving modes are Hibernate, Quit, Shutdown, Minimize and Suspend.
Raspberry Pi version has only Shutdown.

I would like there also to be "Shut video signal off" alternative, hence the DVI moitor that I'm using would just shut itself off, but the Xbmxc would running there still. Key/remote press would wake the video signal up.
There seems to be spesification VESA DPMS / DVI DMPM way..

Alternative resolution could be Screensaver that just Cuts videosignal off.

In my opinion, sounds reasonable and good feature.

Smile
I believe XBMC will already show this as an option if the hardware supports it. XBMC on my Apple TV 1 running linux turns my display on/off by cutting the video signal, and is used in place of a screen saver.
Hmm... My windows machine (ION2 GPU) is HDMI connected and does not show any alternatives, but the list I wrote... Sounds resonable though... Also there is no screensaver on both PI and Windows that has this option..
Did you look in XBMC under Settings -> System -> Power savings -> "Put display to sleep when idle"?
Now I'm really embarrassed.. Win Xbmc did have that. I was too idiot to see it.. Smile
Xbian XBMC 12.1 version did not have such though, and that's what i'm looking for..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Power Saving mode: Videosignal off VESA DPMS0