MYSQL library and movie/episode playback issues.....
Hey guys....

So after struggling to get my Pi to access my shared files via smb I've finally got it working buuuuut......

I have 2 issues now I seem not to be able to figure out....

1 = I have mysql installed on my main pc which has all the hdd's with the content on. A media pc in my lounge which perfectly connects to the mysql data base.

I've placed the advancedsettings.xml file in the userdata folder but it seems after adding the source and scanning it to library it's not synced with the rest of my setup....
What could the issue be?

2 = When watching a movie or series episode, close to the end it will stop before it reaches the complete end. (Hope ya'll understand what I mean).

I have no idea why it does this but any help will be appreciated.
1. Need debug log, and without the CEC carp. Enable debug in Settings -> System -> Debugging, and reboot system, then...
Code:
grep -vi ceclog /storage/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log| pastebinit
and paste the resulting url here.

Of course, the above might not work at all on your Pi XBMC distribution but then you didn't bother to mention which one you are using.

2. See 1.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
MilhouseVH thanx so much for the response...

My mistake was not using the correct version of XBMC on my Pi. I installed the correct version and had everything working great. Pi connected to the mysql data base and played all files without any hiccups...

So me being me I had to fiddle some more and guess what..... Yes another glitch in my matrix Smile

My DHCP server was active and of course assigned ip's itself to the Pi and my HTPC in the lounge. So as I am who I am. I wanted each system to have the ip I wanted it to have as I like my pc's to have ip's in a certain order....

Now comes the problem - The Pi now does not seem able to connect to the smb source which it could before changing the ip's.
When the Pi is on it still has the "Movie" & "TV Show" menu's with everything displayed there. The movie or tv show name and it's thumbnails but when choosing to play any of the files I get the message "This file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library"

When wanting to add a source as well I go through the options and when opening the "WORKGROUP" I only see Openelec here. No "cAfstA-pc" as before when adding a source. I am really at a loss here and don't know what I have done wrong and how to rectify it...

The XBMC version on the Pi is: XBMC 12.1 Git: 0d3733cc (Compiled Mar 24 2013)
I have uploaded a debug log to: http://sprunge.us/TgKj

If any other details are needed please let me know and I'll get it asap...

Thanx guys
Anyone that can assist?

Really don't feel like formatting everything as I guess that's the easiest way to solve the issue Sad
Now that your MySQL problem is solved, but now you've got an SMB problem, it might be better to start a new thread with a more appropriate title. Or google "Connection timed out smb" and see where that gets you.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Unless you know for sure that you DNS server works, change your smb source from name to using IPs

so smb://CAFSTA-PC/ becomes smb://IP of CAFSTA-PC here/
Thanx MilhouseVH... I will do so

@Jester... I assume that would be done in the source.xml if I'm not mistaken. If so then there is not even any paths pointing to cafsta-pc at all....

I'm googling what MilhouseVH said. If I don't find anything then I will start a new thread with heading for this problem..

Thanx guys

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MYSQL library and movie/episode playback issues.....0