[WIP] [Alpha Version] YAA-MSS
Great im really looking forward to a release Smile if you need testers i would love to help out Smile
That skin is beautiful but it all makes me confused.

Why don't you guys join together and create a single skinHuh
That's too much when you see just a few differences. Sad
Lightbox was dropped, and niamu (nbox) wont support other views, and the available views show to few items at once, at least for my taste (and are sometimes hard to see because of darkness/tininess), .
Also this skin will probably end up with a lot of (small) modifications.
(2013-03-27, 09:56)swetoast Wrote:
(2013-03-27, 04:17)Rotten Wrote: The skin will have some animations, dont know how this will work out on the pi, just some spinning png's.
I will let you test the skin at a time and you can report back then, shouldn't be to hard to disable them with skin settings.

I tired the metrotv skin and it had some spinning animation and raspberry didn't handle it to well it did it but the FPS was horrible so its nice that you include a setting to turn em off.

I'm using the nBox skin on my Raspberry Pi at the moment and it works great!
The spinning animation works fluently, and the loading of movies/shows/music is quick.
My library consists of roughly 170movies, 1800tv episodes (40shows) and roughly 7500songs.
I'm using RaspBMC (with oc setting fast).

Looking forward to trying your version Smile
imho spinning animations is bloat and it slows the overall gui when changing between screen if there is a possibility to have options if you want it turned on it would be great
Is skin available for testing? I don't see any links Smile
Na... probably could take a while since I'm not satisfied with it yet.
Just changed the movie screen:
The little image also uses extra-fanart if available and enabled.

Edit: Black or White ?
black looks clean
Movie Info Screen finished:

Movie Panel again slightly modified:
You can find a download link in the first post now.
You dont need to report bugs yet though.
Feedback on the interface is appreciated though.

Edit: There is no switch yet, for animations.
ill wait for an update that enables turning off the animations Smile

p.s consider changing to a google code or github for development cause dropbox does have a harsh limit if it gets popular
One thing I've noticed is that there is only one way wrapping on the views. What i mean is that if you go all the way right, it will eventually go back to the first on, but if you press left, it brings up the menu. I noticed if you press down that it takes you to the "by page" scroller, maybe you could make it so that either you press up to access that menu, or press down past the by page scroller?

(I'm not sure that it's called the "by page scroller", but it's the best name I could come to describe it Smile )
(2013-03-31, 22:55)swetoast Wrote: ill wait for an update that enables turning off the animations Smile

p.s consider changing to a google code or github for development cause dropbox does have a harsh limit if it gets popular

Will put a switch in next version maybe. I will look into github, but I'm not expecting so much traffic to be honest Wink

(2013-04-01, 05:08)sirmeili Wrote: One thing I've noticed is that there is only one way wrapping on the views. What i mean is that if you go all the way right, it will eventually go back to the first on, but if you press left, it brings up the menu. I noticed if you press down that it takes you to the "by page" scroller, maybe you could make it so that either you press up to access that menu, or press down past the by page scroller?

(I'm not sure that it's called the "by page scroller", but it's the best name I could come to describe it Smile )

It's a scrollbar.
and yes you are kinda right and it would be easy to change, but wouldnt it feel unnatural to press up or down to get a menu on the left ? Guess I will have to try it out a bit.
I like the changes to the skin.

One thing I don't like in the skin is when browsing video's in addons. It doesn't feel like a good use of space:

I think something similar to the Album view would look better.
Yeah there are a lot of views that need fixing, next changes probably will be on the home screen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] [Alpha Version] YAA-MSS2