Linux FM2 MiniITX mainboard and Wake on USB from S5
Hi there,

I'm looking to build a new HTPC in this case, which hides perfectly behind the TV. Control will go through CEC, and that's were the problem lies. This CEC adapter will power on the PC from S5, if the mainboard supports it. However, I can find only three mITX mainboards for the FM2 platform:
  • MSI FM2-A75IA-E53
  • ASRock FM2A85X-ITX
  • ASRock FM2A75M-ITX A75 RG SA

I've read some posts that seem to confirm the MSI does not support wake on usb from s5, but I can't find anything on the Asrocks.Can anyone confirm if they can (or can't)?
Hi,
I've found on asrock main product page the following details:"

Users may prevent motherboard damages due to dampness by enabling “Dehumidifier Function”. When enabling Dehumidifier Function, the computer will power on automatically to dehumidify the system after entering S4/S5 state."

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=FM2A85X-ITX

I'm interested about that motherboard too (for a server thanks to the 7 sata 3 ports), and it would be nice if someone could confirm if it works in S5. Thanks.
Well, according to ASRock support the ASRock FM2A85X-ITX does support wake on usb from s5. Took forever to find that contact webpage, but once asked, they replied pretty quickly:

Quote:I have done a quick test, without OS, with a wired keyboard and a wired mouse. Both can be used to wake up the system from S5. Please note that this works as long as the systems stays in S5. It will not work if you switch off the power completely, and then switch the power back on.

If you want to wake up the system from S5 via a remote control, you will need the ASRock Smart Remote. It comes with a receiver that has to be connected to a special header on the motherboard. That is the only way to wake up a system from S5 via a remote control.

On normal remote via USB can only wake up a system from S3.

Best regards,
ASRock Support
Nice reply from ASRock.
Thank you very much DappereDodo, it's all great news and a great board (I haven't seen any other 7 sata3 ports mini-itx boards on the market yet).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FM2 MiniITX mainboard and Wake on USB from S50