XBMC on Windows 2008 Server
Hello

I Installed Xmbc version 12.3 on my Home Server, a Windows 2008 R2 Server running on Intel Atom computer, the GPU is a 82945G Express Chipset
and i have access to the server through a VncViewer connection.

My problem is that i receive a black screen on the server, but i can alt + Tab and with Alt + F4 i can close Xmbc.
It looks like that Xbmc is normally running except that is not displaying anything in the screen.

Any tips or hints are really appreciated.

PS. I have install DirectX and check that all accelerations are Enabled. (Sound and Video).
Quite likely no picture will appear on a non accelerated vnc connection. Does it show on the screen attached direct to the server?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
i have no monitor at the server to check it out, i have to move the server to another place in order to check, i will check it out tomorrow and i will let you know.
What is the point of running xbmc on your server with no screen? XBMC is for watching media.

Your server only needs to serve files and (optionally) run a mysql database. The clients connected to your TVs run XBMC.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Server is storing my movies and data,I need the XBMC for DLNA Services, client is the TV,
There are better dlna servers. Ones that will transcode for your TV for example.
which ones?

PLEX already tested and is not working as expected. Some people suggest XMBC so here i am ...
I would start here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_...ia_servers
Thank you i will check it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Windows 2008 Server0