Wireless set up on OpenElec on Pi
Hi.

Relative noob here but open to learn. I have installed OpenElec on my Pi and have had normal function when using a wired connection.

I have purchased and tried to use a TP-Link TL-WN725N wireless USB adaptor. after changing the network settings and rebooting, my router and my iphone remote cntrol app can see and control the PI, but it doesn't connect to the internet (date/time stays at midnight).

From reviews I've read of this adapter people have advised it has worked out of the box for them, does anyone have any suggestions?

If the fix involves ssh-ing and other linux type stuff I'm a total noob in that area so would appreciate instructions that take account of that.

Cheers,

G
Are there any spaces or special characters in your SSID or password? If so, this is probably the reason it doesn't connect.
(2013-03-24, 19:17)gjgbarclay Wrote: Hi.

Relative noob here but open to learn. I have installed OpenElec on my Pi and have had normal function when using a wired connection.

I have purchased and tried to use a TP-Link TL-WN725N wireless USB adaptor. after changing the network settings and rebooting, my router and my iphone remote cntrol app can see and control the PI, but it doesn't connect to the internet (date/time stays at midnight).

From reviews I've read of this adapter people have advised it has worked out of the box for them, does anyone have any suggestions?

If the fix involves ssh-ing and other linux type stuff I'm a total noob in that area so would appreciate instructions that take account of that.

Cheers,

G

Sounds like you're having the same problem I had. you can connect to the local network but not the internet correct? Well I entered the SSID and password and such in the setup menu but I found out that I needed to also enter in a DNS in the DNS1 section and I also entered the default gateway as well. now it works.
though donation is not necessary but just in case you want to: Donate Here
I had major problems with OpenElec 3.0 as well, I could not make my Usb Wlan toe to work. There are so many thing wrong in OpenElec right now: No SSID scanner, password entry uses * chars and alot more.
Xbian 1.0a5 worked for me. There is Wlan Scanner build-in.. Smile

Apparently OpenElec 3.1 will fix these problems...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wireless set up on OpenElec on Pi0