Frodo is overriding my nfo files?
Hey guys
I have always scraped my video files in an external program and saved nfo files and artwork with the video files and had no problems in previous versions. Since upgrading to Frodo I noticed everything is scraped with theTVdb when updating the library. It has changed a lot of artwork and one show I created custom nfo files for (because I do not agree with theTVdb or the DVD order for the episodes) will not load any of the episodes we disagree on. Is there a way to not scrape theTVdb and just go by my existing nfo? I found a scraper plugin called "JustUseTheFileName" which seems like what I'm looking for but was not Frodo compatible. Is there another way to turn off the scraper?

Here is a debug log of me trying to add "Undeclared" the show I have custom nfo files for.

Thanks for the help! I had this all working before the upgrade so I'm not sure if it is something I did or because of a change in Frodo?
Likely an invalid tvshow.nfo as your Debug Log is telling you:

"Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place."
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

This show and exact setup worked before upgrading to Frodo. This show was in my library exactly the way I wanted it. Now it will only load the two episodes we agree on.

The real issue is that I don't want stuff being rescraped but there no longer seems to be a way to turn this off.
(2013-03-25, 18:15)Lionverse Wrote: This show and exact setup worked before upgrading to Frodo. This show was in my library exactly the way I wanted it. Now it will only load the two episodes we agree on.

The real issue is that I don't want stuff being rescraped but there no longer seems to be a way to turn this off.

I have quite a few nfo files and if I do a refresh, it asks me to use local or internet info.

If it is internet scraping shows you have nfo files for, it is a big. Period.
(2013-03-25, 20:33)philhu Wrote:
(2013-03-25, 18:15)Lionverse Wrote: This show and exact setup worked before upgrading to Frodo. This show was in my library exactly the way I wanted it. Now it will only load the two episodes we agree on.

I have quite a few nfo files and if I do a refresh, it asks me to use local or internet info.

I'm sorry I didn't understand that. If I have nfo files it should not scrape the internet correct?
(2013-03-25, 23:25)Lionverse Wrote:
(2013-03-25, 20:33)philhu Wrote:

I'm sorry I didn't understand that. If I have nfo files it should not scrape the internet correct?

if it is scraping the internet it means something isn't right in your nfo files, setup or naming conventions.
Frodo is just pickier than Eden
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Is there a document covering changes between eden and frodo regarding nfo requirements?

Hmm... I found this in the wiki with a question next to it.
"Episodename.nfo where Episodename is the name of the episode file. Not currently supported!"

Does anyone know if this true? This could also be my problem.

Thanks again!
That's not your problem. Your problem is no episodeguide in the tvshow.nfo just like the log told you.

Post a tvshow.nfo. Others might then be able to see exactly what's in it and exactly what's wrong with it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have hundreds of nfo tv shows. I have a script that can build them easily.

I do not have episodeguide in any of them.

I am on 12.0 and they work fine. Refreshing from local content works fine.

This is a tvshow.nfo that works
Code:
<tvshow>
<title>Presidential Bloopers</title>
<year>2004</year>
<season>-1</season>
<episode>-1</episode>
<plot>From Ike all the way up to Clinton, you'll see Ford falling, Bush bumbling and Reagan mixing it up in this hilarious video.  Released by "Time Life" in 2004.</plot>
<tagline></tagline>
<runtime>42</runtime>
<thumb></thumb>
<mpaa>TV-PG</mpaa>
<playcount>0</playcount>
<lastplayed></lastplayed>
<id></id>
<genre>Special,Comedy</genre>
<set></set>
<credits></credits>
<director>Director Unavailable</director>
<premiered>01-01-2004</premiered>
<status></status>
<code></code>
<studio>Time Life</studio>
<trailer></trailer>
<actor>
    <name>Bill Clinton</name>
    <role>Himself</role>
    <thumb></thumb>
    </actor>
<actor>
    <name>Gerald Ford</name>
    <role> Himself</role>
    <thumb></thumb>
    </actor>
<actor>
    <name>Boris Yeltsin</name>
    <role> Himself</role>
    <thumb></thumb>
    </actor>
<artist></artist>
</tvshow>

This is an episode nfo from the 'Season 1' folder:

Code:
<episodedetails>
<title>Presidential Bloopers</title>
<rating>TV-PG</rating>
<season>1</season>
<episode>1</episode>
<plot>From Ike all the way up to Clinton, you'll see Ford falling, Bush bumbling and Reagan mixing it up in this hilarious video.  Released by "Time Life" in 2004.</plot>
<thumb></thumb>
<playcount>0</playcount>
<genre>Special,Comedy</genre>
<lastplayed></lastplayed>
<credits></credits>
<director>Director Unavailable</director>
<aired>01-01-2004</aired>
<studio>Time Life</studio>
<mpaa>TV-PG</mpaa>
<actor>
<name>Bill Clinton</name>
<role>Himself</role>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Gerald Ford</name>
<role> Himself</role>
</actor>
<actor>
<name>Boris Yeltsin</name>
<role> Himself</role>
</actor>
<fileinfo>
</fileinfo>
</episodedetails>
Can you point me to an example of a nfo with a custom episode guide? The wiki only gives an example of pointing to a tvdb url. I am not sure what is required.
Thanks for bearing with me Image
@philhu - Thanks I will compare them to mine later tonight!
Thanks so much guys I almost got it all working! I cleaned up some sloppy stuff in the files and refreshing to the local data works(but I do wish I could just tell it not to scrape it when updating). But I just have a couple more questions:

Could someone explain the <season>-1</season> & <episode>-1</episode> in the tvshow.nfo? What is it looking for and what does the "-1" mean?

In the episode nfo I want to put the the path for <thumb> to a local file should it be a relative or absolute path?
If it is in the same folder is <thumb>/imageName.tbn</thumb> okay?

Thanks in advance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo is overriding my nfo files?0