Logos for Movie Sets
(2013-07-27, 18:09)jdastas Wrote: My Thoughts are that I am naming the "collection" wrong... but have not had time to rename it something else such other than removing the word Collection from the folder, which also didn't work.

Here is the .png for anyone interested in using it.... Very basic job as I'm no graphics designer and I used pixlr to create it online.

All I did was go into the settings menu and activate the prefix setting and the sub-folder setting, then went to the logos and prefixed them with the set name whether they were in a sub-folder or not. Rescan and it should work just fine Wink

By the way, thanks for the logo Big Grin
(2013-07-27, 18:32)schimi2k Wrote: well, the guys on fanart.tv starts to make collection logos ^^
give us some time to make more and more Wink

i love this addon - someday the extra stuff needs more space than the movie Big Grin

Yea I basically used their logo and added more shadowing/texture to my liking plus the word "Collection." I'm not trying to pass off the work as my own... I just want my movie collections to have logos and wanted to share with you all here.
(2013-07-27, 18:59)Deano316 Wrote: [quote='jdastas' pid='1471682' dateline='1374941373']
My Thoughts are that I am naming the "collection" wrong... but have not had time to rename it something else such other than removing the word Collection from the folder, which also didn't work.

All I did was go into the settings menu and activate the prefix setting and the sub-folder setting, then went to the logos and prefixed them with the set name whether they were in a sub-folder or not. Rescan and it should work just fine Wink

By the way, thanks for the logo Big Grin

OK it worked this way thanks but I discovered the initial issue all along.

The logo/fanart wont be picked up if it is listed as
C:\Movies\The Dark Knight Collection\folder.jpg
C:\Movies\The Dark Knight Collection\fanart.jpg
C:\Movies\The Dark Knight Collection\logo.png

I have to remove the file types and list them like this:
C:\Movies\The Dark Knight Collection\folder
C:\Movies\The Dark Knight Collection\fanart
C:\Movies\The Dark Knight Collection\logo

One I noticed that I didn't include the file type .png on the "Back to the Future Collection logo" I went in and changed it for The Dark Knight and BOOM!

It works!

Now I wonder if I create a .nfo file for the collection, if XBMC will pick it up and display some info on the collection... Any thoughts?
I did want to add some feed back and that is that I went ahead and created a logo for the "Toy Story Collection." Saved it to the folder and everything worked fine. This morning I decided I didn't like the way the logo looked so I created another design. Again I saved it to the same folder with the same name and deleted the previous logo.
- This time I again updated the library and the add-on to make sure it picked up the new logo but it still showed the previous logo I had already deleted.
- So I decided to change the art manually by pressing "c" and I was able to find the new logo and select it. Again the old logo was still showing.
- Then I decided to remove the entire collection from my library, clean library, re-add collection to library. Behold the old logo is still showing.
- So I finanally decided to remove the collection from the library, clean library, re-add to library, plus I renamed the Collection by adding the word "The".... This finally got it to work properly.

Anyway, I am very happy with this add-on and again thanks all for the help!
(2013-07-29, 07:01)jdastas Wrote: I did want to add some feed back and that is that I went ahead and created a logo for the "Toy Story Collection." Saved it to the folder and everything worked fine. This morning I decided I didn't like the way the logo looked so I created another design. Again I saved it to the same folder with the same name and deleted the previous logo.
- This time I again updated the library and the add-on to make sure it picked up the new logo but it still showed the previous logo I had already deleted.
- So I decided to change the art manually by pressing "c" and I was able to find the new logo and select it. Again the old logo was still showing.
- Then I decided to remove the entire collection from my library, clean library, re-add collection to library. Behold the old logo is still showing.
- So I finanally decided to remove the collection from the library, clean library, re-add to library, plus I renamed the Collection by adding the word "The".... This finally got it to work properly.

But, i think that has to do with the way XBMC cache art and images. I think to actually see the changes u've made, u need to wait something like 24 hours. The reason it worked on ur last attemp is that, cleaning the library and changing the name of the media u really "created" a new, different element in the library, so that way it just worked like if u got a brand new movie into ur collection.
Read the Wiki here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails/Cache

Here as well, in 1.1.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=thumbnails
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2013-07-29, 07:01)jdastas Wrote: I did want to add some feed back and that is that I went ahead and created a logo for the "Toy Story Collection." Saved it to the folder and everything worked fine. This morning I decided I didn't like the way the logo looked so I created another design. Again I saved it to the same folder with the same name and deleted the previous logo.

Try deleting the Textures13.db in your database directory.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Thanks for the movieset logo addition to this great addon.

I've downloaded from fanart.tv set logos for Back to the Future, Harry Potter and James Bond so far.

As long as the naming convention of the logos matches the name of the "set" that theMovieDB has scraped or what you've named in an nfo file the addon will pick it up.

I've centrallised all movieset artwork in one folder (easier for me to update and edit instead of searching for the individual movie folder in a large library).

Note that the default Movie Sets submenu in Nox doesn't offer the landscape viewtype to show the set logos and none of the other viewtypes available are configured to show logos instead of text..
(2013-07-29, 14:39)bobrap Wrote:

Try deleting the Textures13.db in your database directory.

Forgive me, but how do I do this?

Also for anyone who would like here are a few others that I have created, not the best but, these are what I'm using until the pro's over at fanart.tv start doing movie sets.

I can't get this to work with my Pixar short films collection. Maybe Because they all have different titles.(Huh) Can anyone help me with this?
what is the name of the movieset and what is the name of the file you are using?
Hey jdastas! Alright it's Pixar Short Films Collection.

This is how I have set up my folder stracture.

Pixar Short Films Collection - Volume 1*
-> Folder.jpg
-> Fanart.jpg
-> logo.png
The Adventures of André and Wally B. (1984)
Luxo Jr. (1986)
Red's Dream (1987)
Tin Toy (1988)
Knick Knack (1989)
Geri's Game (1997)
For the Birds (2000)
Mike's New Car (2002)
Boundin' (2003)
Jack-Jack Attack (2005)
One Man Band (2005)
Mater And The Ghostlight (2006)
Lifted (2006)

Each movie has its own folder but they are all inside the main collection folder.
(2013-07-30, 07:22)igbygoesclown Wrote: Hey jdastas! Alright it's Pixar Short Films Collection.

This is how I have set up my folder stracture.

Pixar Short Films Collection - Volume 1*
-> Folder.jpg
-> Fanart.jpg
-> logo.png

The Adventures of André and Wally B. (1984)
Luxo Jr. (1986)
Red's Dream (1987)
Tin Toy (1988)
Knick Knack (1989)
Geri's Game (1997)
For the Birds (2000)
Mike's New Car (2002)
Boundin' (2003)
Jack-Jack Attack (2005)
One Man Band (2005)
Mater And The Ghostlight (2006)
Lifted (2006)

Each movie has its own folder but they are all inside the main collection folder.

Okay,

Rename what I have highlighted in red like this:
Pixar Short Films Collection - Volume 1-folder
Pixar Short Films Collection - Volume 1-fanart
Pixar Short Films Collection - Volume 1-logo

Be sure to leave out the file types such as ".jpg & .png" from the names of the files. Including them will not allow the automator to work properly.
Just finished up a logo for The Avengers Collection:

Here you go Big Grin

Big Grin 
(2013-07-30, 15:28)Deano316 Wrote: Just finished up a logo for The Avengers Collection:

Here you go Big Grin

Looks Great! Thanks for sharing! :-)
Thanks @jdastas. This solves my problem. I'm also a contributor to fanart.tv. (my handle is hereticmonk). Now that movie set logos are possible I'm going to start making logos again for collections and sets. Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logos for Movie Sets1