Transparent Background - See Desktop
Hi Guys,

Was wonder if this is possible? What i want to do is on specific windows (like home.xml), i want to be able to "see" my desktop instead of a skin's background wallpaper. I want to do this since sometime during a movie, I want to be able to check the status of some background tasks (handbrake encodes, download status, etc). I know i can back slash + minimize, but dont' really want to leave the XBMC environment; i still want to see all the menu overlays and xbmc dialogs, just the background should be transparent (maybe at specific percentage? that would be nice)

I know this is possible since i've seen this type of behavior on other programs, just don't know if it's doable in xbmc for windows. I don't know how this would be behave on other systems (like iPad), but trying to do it in the skin seems much more attainable for my skillset than looking through code (*shivers*)

Anything you guys can recommend? (i've tried creating a full transparent png in photoshop and putting that as my background, but it didn't work lol) Shot in the dark.

Thanks!

-MS106
nope, not possible at all. ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
You can make a hotkey with autohotkey to make a window transparant.
Here is an example script, it will make the whole window transparant when you press "e" while running XBMC.
You have to enable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in settings/system to get this work.
Code:
#IfWinActive, XBMC ; if xbmc is running
{
e::   ; the hotkey is 'e' in this example, change it to your desired key
WinGet, trans, Transparent, XBMC ; get the transparant status of XBMC
if trans not between 0 and 254  ;if XBMC is not transparant
{
WinSet, Transparent, 150, XBMC ; set the transparant status to 150, you can change this in the range of 0-254
}
else
{
WinSet, Transparent, 255, XBMC ; set back to 0% transparant
}
return
}
Thanks guys! this will help me out alot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparent Background - See Desktop0