TheMovieDB Addon and UPnP
I have a raspberry pi running the latest xbmc serving content from a Drobo FS via the minidlna server (DLNA/UPnP).

I first added all my media folders (TV/Films/Documentaries) to the Video Files by navigating to the UPnP source and selecting the folder. Content plays fine from these folders.

Now I'd like to kick it up a notch. I want information about each movie and movie posters to display. I have no idea how to do this.

I'm not finding a simple how to for this task. I did find a page on how to enable TheMovieDB addon - I found it was already enabled.

But movie posters and data do not show for my movies. And the date for each movie shows 1969.

The movies are titles like this:

Dances with Wolves Extended Cut 1990.mp4

What else do I have to do to get this to work on my pi?

Thanks in advance!

chewy
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

You can't scan content from a UPnP source into your local library. However, if you instead access your server via Samba, for example, you can then catalog the movies from there to your XBMC library. See the SMB (wiki) article in the wiki.
artrafael - cool ok so can you help me clarify something?

If I switch my system over to samba, will the content just suddenly start appearing? Or is there more (i.e. writing a scraper) that I will have to do to get it to work?
On your XBMC system, you'll need to add that Samba share as a video source, specify its content type (Movies) and select a movie scraper. You will be prompted to scan that source and, if the files are named/organized correctly, the movies will be added to your video library. See here: Video_library (wiki)
Of course, I get excited about this so I go to the drobo to make sure it's running samba (it is, out of the box), then I notice a red error on the drobo desktop app - the system is failing to mount. I now have to run a fix disk utility on it (that could run for 6 days, according to their docs). After I get the drobo out of the doctor's office, I'll move all my media to samba and off of upnp and see what happens - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB Addon and UPnP0