Win Autorefresh a running slideshow
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to run a picture slideshow from a dropbox folder on my monitor. The goal would be to check the source folder every x minutes and then re-start the slideshow. I found this posted back in 2006, but I'm not entirely sure where to place/how to execute the script.

(2006-05-23, 03:40)Nuka1195 Wrote: the global time variable and the time module are conflicting. renaming the variable time to time would work.

but there is another issue of it locking up after you exit the slideshow.

i just got rid of the threading. after you exit the slideshow, select the script again to stop it.

Quote:import xbmc
from time import sleep
from os import listdir

minutes = 5
picfolder = "f:\\pictures"

l1 = []
while 1:
 l2 = listdir(picfolder)
 if (l1 != l2):
   xbmc.executebuiltin('xbmc.slideshow(' + picfolder + ')')
   l1 = l2
 for seconds in range(minutes * 60):
   sleep(1)

Could anyone help me out?
You need to start here -> http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on_development

Your addon.xml determines how your script is run.
very interested in doing this too. i have asked ronie if he could get the slideshow screensaver addon to restart (and therefore check the folder for new images) every x minutes.

i could then point the addon towards my local dropbox folder.

this means any of my family can drop photos onto my tv screensaver (by uploading them to a shared dropbox folder).

this works right now, except it wont show any new photos that are added to the dropbox folder AFTER the screensaver starts.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Autorefresh a running slideshow0