Deleting unwanted files
I think I may have messed up... I have a pi with xbmc installed and added my music collection from an external hard drive. Some of the music within my folder was organized very poorly and resulted in a ton of folders I do not want. So I removed my external drive and removed it as a source for xbmc. I then went through the external and deleted/ re-organized the folders the way I want them to appear. I went to xbmc and asked it to do an update on the library without the external hooked up hoping it would not see the files, so it wouldn't have them listed in the library, but they are all still there. Is there any way to wipe out the entire music library from xbmc? I would like to just start over with an empty music folder and then hook the external back up and add the files again to the library. I am very new to all of this, so I hope I have not messed up with the way I went about trying to delete the files. I don't want to use the file manager, because I believe it will delete the files from my external as well. Without the external hooked up I cannot view the source file for the music folder anyways. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Deleting the source should have removed all reference to your music from XBMC, but if you really want to remove all of the music data from XBMC, then ssh into your Pi, navigate to .xbmc/userdata, and run the following commands:

Code:
rm -fr Database/MyMusic32.db Thumbnails
reboot

The MyMusic32 database will be recreated - empty - when XBMC restarts.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks milhouse for the quick reply, I will try that! I thought that by deleting the source it would have removed all files in the library as well, but they are all still there. So no other way to clear out the music folder through commands on the pi itself?
In terms of a GUI and clicking onscreen buttons, no I don't think so. Time to get your hands dirty at the command line... Wink
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
just remove the source and than use "Clean library..." option under System>Settings>Audio/Video Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleting unwanted files0