Bug Live CD Covers Musik don't work
Hello everyone, after years of using xbmc and xbox, i finally did an upgrade to a decent PC in combination with openelec. It simply rocks!
Now I am in the phase of configuring everything to my needs.
I have a rather large collection of "audiobooks" which i want to seperate from the music collection. So i made this smartplaylist:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="artists">
    <name>Hörspiele</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="genre" operator="is">
        <value>Hörspiel</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">artist</order>
</smartplaylist>

works great. However, when i tried to have that playlist as live cd background, it just shows empty cases.

I did some experiments, read some threads here, and assumed it might be a problem with lastandrandomitem.script. So I made a second playlist, type albums this time. Not working either.
Long story short:
CD and DVD live cases are working when it is movie or tv-show related. If I select the music smartplaylist as background, it displays artist art.
Widgets seem to work as well, if the smartplaylist is album based.

Now, as I had some openelec related problems with char encoding ( and i indeed have umlauts within the path) I thought i try xbmc on windows.
Unfortunately it shows the same symptoms.
What I did notice, Info line shows wrong values actually:
Alben 1 - Titel 10 - Interpreten 10
while it should be Alben 10, Titel 10 Interpreten 1
I made some "debug" modifications to the randomandlastitemscript as suggested to display what is actually whithin the vars
Code:
00:32:03 T:2707422016  NOTICE: ('##### Property ', 'SmartPlaylist4.7.Title', u'Folge 133 Fels der D\xe4monen')
00:32:03 T:2707422016  NOTICE: ('##### Property ', 'SmartPlaylist4.7.Artist', u'Die drei ???')
00:32:03 T:2707422016  NOTICE: ('##### Property ', 'SmartPlaylist4.7.Genre', u'H\xf6rspiel')
00:32:03 T:2707422016  NOTICE: ('##### Property ', 'SmartPlaylist4.7.Theme', u'')
00:32:03 T:2707422016  NOTICE: ('##### Property ', 'SmartPlaylist4.7.Mood', u'crime')
00:32:03 T:2707422016  NOTICE: ('##### Property ', 'SmartPlaylist4.7.Style', u'')
00:32:03 T:2707422016  NOTICE: ('##### Property ', 'SmartPlaylist4.7.Type', u'')
00:32:03 T:2707422016  NOTICE: ('##### Property ', 'SmartPlaylist4.7.Year', '2009')
00:32:03 T:2707422016  NOTICE: ('##### Property ', 'SmartPlaylist4.7.RecordLabel', u'Europa')
00:32:03 T:2707422016  NOTICE: ('##### Property ', 'SmartPlaylist4.7.Description', u'Ein toller Sandstrand in einer einsamen Bucht, perfektes Surf-Wetter, ein schattiges Pl\xe4tzchen f\xfcr das Zelt: Die drei ??? freuen sich auf ein paar stressfreie Ferientage am Meer. Doch dann taucht ein v\xf6llig ver\xe4ngstigter Junge auf und berichtet von einem gruseligen schwarzen Zwerg, der ihn verfolgt. Als der Zweite Detektiv kurze Zeit darauf beim Wellenreiten eine mehr als unheimliche Begegnung im Wasser hat, ist klar: hier bahnt sich ein neuer Fall f\xfcr die drei Detektive an! Wer oder was treibt sein Unwesen in der abgelegenen Bucht? Werden Justus, Peter und Bob das Geheimnis um den "Fels der D\xe4monen" l\xfcften?')
00:32:03 T:2707422016  NOTICE: ('##### Property ', 'SmartPlaylist4.7.Rating', '0')
00:32:03 T:2707422016  NOTICE: ('##### Property ', 'SmartPlaylist4.7.Art(thumb)', u'image://%2fstorage%2faudiobook%2fH%c3%b6rspiele%2fDie%20drei%20Fragezeichen%2f133%20Fels%20der%20D%c3%a4monen%2ffolder.jpg/')
00:32:03 T:2707422016  NOTICE: ('##### Property ', 'SmartPlaylist4.7.Art(fanart)', u'image://%2fstorage%2faudiobook%2fH%c3%b6rspiele%2fDie%20drei%20Fragezeichen%2ffanart.jpg/')
00:32:03 T:2707422016  NOTICE: ('##### Property ', 'SmartPlaylist4.7.Play', 'XBMC.RunScript(script.randomandlastitems,albumid=None)')
00:32:03 T:2707422016  NOTICE: ('##### Property ', 'SmartPlaylist4.7.LibraryPath', 'musicdb://3/None/')
beside the encoding problem (which seems unrelated to me, as the behaviour is the same on windows, plus i even did some tests building a new path and new mp3tags without umlauts)
everything seems to be fine.

So my conclusion is, somewhere whithin the aeon-nox parsing structure must be something wrong. Especially if you take into account, that info line gives also wrong results.
If so, is there an easy way to fix it myself? Or probably I did something terrible wrong? ;-)
Please help me, I really really want Aeon Nox showing cover art based on my smart playlist. I like this skin very much.
Work fine both for statistics and for Live CD Background:

But you have to use the latest GITHUB release for the script :

https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/script.ra...dlastitems

And Aeon Nox 4.1.7 fro GITHUB too (to get properly ordered statistics) :

https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox

And you have to edit randomandlastitems.py script to raise twice the same value with 2 properties name :

Code:
_setProperty("%s.%d.Art(poster)" % ( PROPERTY, _count ), _album['thumbnail'])
        _setProperty("%s.%d.Art(thumb)"  % ( PROPERTY, _count ), _album['thumbnail'])

@Phil :

service.script.widgets return Art(poster) property for movies and Art(thumb) for music. And my script do the same, but for Live CD Cases background , you use only Art(poster) for fiding your variables :

Code:
<variable name="CustomLiveContentX">
        <value condition="Substring(Control.GetLabel(4322),1,right)">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SmartPlaylist1.X.Art(poster))]</value>
        <value condition="Substring(Control.GetLabel(4322),2,right)">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SmartPlaylist2.X.Art(poster))]</value>
        <value condition="Substring(Control.GetLabel(4322),3,right)">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SmartPlaylist3.X.Art(poster))]</value>
        <value condition="Substring(Control.GetLabel(4322),4,right)">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SmartPlaylist4.X.Art(poster))]</value>
        <value condition="Substring(Control.GetLabel(4322),5,right)">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SmartPlaylist5.X.Art(poster))]</value>
        <value condition="Substring(Control.GetLabel(4322),6,right)">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SmartPlaylist6.X.Art(poster))]</value>
    </variable>

So to fix this issue, I can return Ar(poster) and Art(thumb) properties for music playlists or you can add some tests and use Art(thumb) or Art(poster) depending on with smart playlist is used.

Which is the moste easiest way to do this ? I guess "adding properties to my script" is the winner Wink
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
Thank you for your reply.
So you can confirm that with current Aeon Nox stable, Live CD Covers are in fact broken?
I ask because I try to avoid to use git releases for such critical stuff as skins. IIRC I read elsewhere that the Aeon Nox Git realeses are considered highly experimental and shouldn't be used on daily basis.
I however gave randomlastitem git a try, but that alone didn't fix it.

Think I might give it a try on my windows box though, XBMC there is for testing purpose anyway.
Non, not broken, all I can say is that with current stable release, Live CD Cases background doesn't work with smart playlist.

To fix your issue with Aeon Nox 4.0.9 stable release, just download my lastest version from GITHUB :
https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/script.ra...dlastitems

Edit randomandlastitems.py script

Go to line 555, copy and paste this line to double it

Edit the copied line and change the code to :

Code:
_setProperty("%s.%d.Art(poster)"  % ( PROPERTY, _count ), _album['thumbnail'])

Run XBMC and this should be fix.

We have to wait for Phil to know if I have to put this walkaround in my script.

Thank you so much.
It seems it works now. Funny it is in fact script related, when i looked into the output, i thought it is allright since it gave me correct values.

Just another question, for now is it true, that i can use only album based smart playlists for music? Do you think this can change in the future?
Although this is not a real problem (just cosmetics), it would be great if i don't have to use 2 Lists which do basicly the same ;-)
Great Wink

So we have to wait for Phil to know if the fix have to be made in script or in skin.

Just curious, did both of you finally make a decission? I ask, because your script just got updated (even as a git version? thought this would not happen..) and I had to "refix" it. Beside that it's of course great having you work on this Smile
just pushed the fix to git.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live CD Covers Musik don't work0