playback problems with intel quad-core process in 1080p
Hi friends
I had been working perfect wit dual-core 2.5ghz lubuntu 12.10 3gb ram and nvidia 7300 LE with xbmc, all 1080 ok full blu-ray and even mkv 10 bit it works with "o" option always one cpu 100% and other cpu 5 or 10%.
I just a few days ago changed my motherboard and cpu to intel quad-core 2.4ghz.
Then I found serious problems with 1080p and full blu-ray playback and 1080p 10bit mkv it work to 24fps and sometmes it give 13 , 15 , 17 , 20fps and the 4 cpu never goes to 100% it show cpu 1 100% cpu2 10% cpu3 5% cpu4 6%
why xbmc work fine with dual core and dont use 100% of quad core processors??

I hope you can help me .

thnaks
xbmc 13 alpha has a patch that enables multi core decoding for hi10p.
All other codecs are only running on one core - because of the hwaccel having problem otherwise.

I would not waiste too many processor cycles for other codecs like H264, mpeg2, mpeg4 and so on - try to exchange your nvidia 7300 LE with a GT 610 and use vdpau instead there.

If you can compile from source and want to stay with software decoding only - i can show you how to do it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
i have an quadcore 1.7 with a nvidia card that does vdpau and I can absolutely say that is the way to go.
My display shows cpu 1 3% cpu 2 2% cpu 3 7% cpu 4 2% when watching 1080p with 5.1 DTS

For 10bit you will need the 13 alpha versions as fritsch said
thanks friends.. where can I download xbmc 13 alpha?

I have add this reppsitory

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba

best regards
That will give you 13.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
thanks mkv 10 bits work fine now . I see how can it use 4 cores.
But full blu-ray m2ts archive have not supported for 4 cores yet.
(2013-03-26, 21:17)rakichev Wrote: thanks mkv 10 bits work fine now . I see how can it use 4 cores.
But full blu-ray m2ts archive have not supported for 4 cores yet.

As fritsch said, multi-threaded software decoding is only enabled for Hi10p content. Everything else should be handled by the GPU. Upgrading your ancient graphics card would solve the issue.
(2013-03-26, 17:34)fritsch Wrote: xbmc 13 alpha has a patch that enables multi core decoding for hi10p.
All other codecs are only running on one core - because of the hwaccel having problem otherwise.

I would not waiste too many processor cycles for other codecs like H264, mpeg2, mpeg4 and so on - try to exchange your nvidia 7300 LE with a GT 610 and use vdpau instead there.

If you can compile from source and want to stay with software decoding only - i can show you how to do it.
Thanks I don,t understand It before...i will change my 7300 in the future .
can You show me how i compile It?

Regards
Remove
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...g.cpp#L256 till including https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...g.cpp#L265

For every other surfer who reads this - this change is not tested will break and is also not supported when any hw decoding is enabled.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
playback problems with intel quad-core process in 1080p0