• 18(current)
Release script.extendedinfo
The most up to date version of the script doesn't work with the MQ5 skin, or rather the skin hasn't been updated to support it. Ask your question on the skins forum thread instead.
Indeed cw-kid,I also noticed that the recent version won't work on mq5...

After instaling this older version, that has just recently been put back online the script works like a charm!

It's sad that phill takes time to update this script when the most popular skin does'nt suport the most recent version... Sad even when the skin itself says 'script extended info needed',
I'm sure Phil is doing a great job! Its just a shame the skin devs are behind with his progress I guess.

I just installed the MetroTV skin on my test machine and apparently that WIP skin doesn't work with Extended Info Script either , there was a link however to yet another modified version of the script and then its meant to work OK. Not sure how many other skins have similar issues?
I'm not shure if you have read the whole treat.
There is an Info that Phil has outdate a some thing to another script called script.skin.info.service...
look here and here and here.
maybe that helps...
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
Yes I was aware of that, but it doesn't help MQ5 users, the skin needs to be updated apparently.

Regards.
Yes right, but this is on MarcosQui and I would think not part of this tread.
Maybe you can inform Marcos on the MQ5 Tread. Not sure if he will fix because he is working on MQ6...
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
phil.. is it possible to get a dynamic list of concert events based on location other than by "lat" and "lon"?
I can now get a dynamic list of concert events for Los Angeles thats filtered by genre using this content tag and manually entering the lat and lon coordinates in the tag.(example below)

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=getlocationevents&amp;&amp;tag=$INFO[Skin.String(selectedgenre)]&amp;&amp;lat=34.028158&amp;&amp;lon=-118.255463</content> 

I can also get the same global or nation wide list of concert events, filtered by genre by using "nearevents" instead of "getlocationevents"

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=nearevents&amp;&amp;tag=$INFO[Skin.String(selectedgenre)]</content> 

I basically want a dynamic list of events that I can dynamically change the list contents by changing the genre and/or location but I would like to be able to set the location using $INFO[Skin.String(selectedlocation)] and the list contents change depending on the location that would be set using the built in function "Skin.SetString(string[,value])."

Maybe something like this using "getlocationevents"...

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=getlocationevents&amp;&amp;tag=$INFO[Skin.String(selectedgenre)]&amp;&amp;location=$INFO[Skin.String(selectedlocation)]</content> 

the lastfm api allows for a "location" parameter in their url along with the "lat" and "lon" parameters, the API url example from their website shows "location" being used as a parameter
"method=geo.getevents&location=madrid&api_key=6e38ae033e98ed6f093d1e578724fec4&format=json"

So is it possible to use a "location" parameter in my content tag instead of using "lat" and "lon"? something like this...

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=getlocationevents&amp;&amp;tag=$INFO[Skin.String(selectedgenre)]&amp;&amp;location=$INFO[Skin.String(selectedlocation)]</content> 

or this...

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=nearevents&amp;&amp;tag=$INFO[Skin.String(selectedgenre)]&amp;&amp;location=$INFO[Skin.String(selectedlocation)]</content> 

So the end result and what I am wanting to do is have my list contents change dynamically by the user setting $INFO[Skin.String(selectedlocation)] using the function Skin.SetString(selectedlocation) to say Los Angeles or set it to Las Vegas or any location and get a list by "location" instead of having to use "lat" and "lon" cooridinates.... thanks
Done. (untested though)

https://github.com/phil65/script.extende...f44ea29957

I merged getlocationevents into getnearevents so you can now use info=nearevents with either lat= and lon= or with location=.

Also added distance parameter.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2014-10-24, 21:05)phil65 Wrote: Done. (untested though)

I merged getlocationevents into getnearevents so you can now use info=nearevents with either lat= and lon= or with location=.

Wink thanks bro... that was quick.. I'll test and let you know how it works
(2014-10-24, 21:05)phil65 Wrote: Done. (untested though)

I tried using...
PHP Code:
<content>plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=nearevents&amp;&amp;tag=$INFO[Skin.String(selectedgenre)]&amp;&amp;location=$INFO[Skin.String(selectedlocation)]</content> 

and also tried just manually entering a city into the tag like this

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=nearevents&amp;&amp;tag=$INFO[Skin.String(selectedgenre)]&amp;&amp;location=Los Angeles</content> 

and this...

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://script.extendedinfo?info=nearevents&amp;&amp;location=Los Angeles</content> 

but I'm coming up with an empty list. Is that the correct way to format the content tag?

[EDIT] It works if there are no spaces in the location tag. If my location is "Dallas" it will give me a list of events in Dallas but if I set it to Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas it shows nothing. It seems to have a problem with spaces maybe?
not sure if I can fix that, probably xbmc core stuff. you could try to use a "+" instead of space.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2014-10-24, 22:15)phil65 Wrote: not sure if I can fix that, probably xbmc core stuff. you could try to use a "+" instead of space.

Yeah if I set it to Las+Vegas it works. but that's kind of awkward to have to make sure a user knows they have to enter a + sign in between spaces when they want a list by entering a location...lol
There's gotta be a way somehow.... I even tried using $ESCINFO but that don't seem to work either....hmmm

[EDIT] If I edit lastfm.py and use a .replace " " with "+" after the location url (shown below) it works. Can you work with that in any way?

PHP Code:
def GetNearEvents(tag=Falsefestivalsonly=Falselat=""lon=""location=""distance=""):
    if 
festivalsonly:

festivalsonly "1"

else:

festivalsonly "0"

url 'method=geo.getevents&festivalsonly=%s&limit=40' % (festivalsonly)
    if 
tag:

url url '&tag=%s' % (urllib.quote_plus(tag))
    if 
lat:

url url '&lat=%s&long=%s' % (str(lat), str(lon))  # &distance=60

if location:

url url '&location=%s' % (location).replace(" ","+")
    if 
distance:

url url '&distance=%s' % (distance)

results Get_JSON_response(base_urlurl0.5)
    return 
HandleLastFMEventResult(results
what are you using to let the user input text? Skin.SetString(stringname)?
(2014-10-24, 22:34)phil65 Wrote: what are you using to let the user input text? Skin.SetString(stringname)?
Yes. Skin.SetString(stringname)... also If I use .replace in lastfm.py as shown in above post it seems to work
(2014-10-24, 22:39)woodside Wrote:
(2014-10-24, 22:34)phil65 Wrote: what are you using to let the user input text? Skin.SetString(stringname)?
Yes. Skin.SetString(stringname)... also If I use .replace in lastfm.py as shown in above post it seems to work

oh ok, my fault then. I thaught it was because a space was used in plugin:// path, seems as if i missed something Wink
fixed now.
https://github.com/phil65/script.extende...f0953597cb
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.extendedinfo29