• 6(current)
[THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK
I think I'll set an RSS feed up to this thread as it not stop hits in here Big Grin its looking gorgeous dude!
What do you guys think about if i change the osd background to a darker transparent solid grey without gradient? Or should i keep it like this?
Just like i did before with the lighter grey!?! And also the clock background...

And thank you guys for the awesome feedback ;-)
Thanks for making this and sharing it dude!

A few notes:
The rewind and fast forward buttons don't match now, they need the same awesome updates done to them Wink

As for changing the background, if you could post a mockup like before that would help give an idea, I didn't like the light grey one, it stood out to much, but a darker grey might work I suppose? That said, the OSD does look really good as is IMO.

A mock up would help, it sure made me realise how shit my idea was about coloured icons on the home screen Rofl
I was just about post that the rew/ff buttons were not the same, I just noticed it while skipping though a "not so great" tv show (happy town) its a bit of a let down, not as good as I was expecting Sad the red mute icon and green vol icon could be updated too the new look too Big Grin

I agree about a mock up, the previous "light" grey mod did look bad, but the current one works really well. I'd be very interested in seeing a mock up of a new design though.

I think the OSD layout needs changing at some point any way, its far to "busy" in my opinion, But that'll be a lot of coding I'd assume.

Looking forward to seeing your plans though Nod

Edit:
In your screenshot of the the walking dead for example, I think that:
The "Now Playing" text should be removed completely.
The "imdb rating" and "HD" logo should only be visible on pressing "up"
The episode name and number "4 Vatos" should be in the same size/font as the series title "The Walking Dead"
The title and episode info should be switched (episode info below tv series title)

So it would now read:

The Walking Dead * Season 1
Episode 4 * Vatos
<<<<<<<<<Description of show here>>>>>>>>>>

Then when the user presses "up"
Episode 4 * Vatos imdb rating HD
<<<<<< description of how here >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Or similar Big Grin
But I think it seriously needs a tidy up, as it uses 3 different font sizes, 3 different font styles (1 all caps / 1 all bold / 1 normal) Undecided it's mayhem in there Big Grin
Yeah i think so too! But the great problem is my lack in coding skills Sad and dont have so much time to learn it by doing...

Tomorrow ill make a little mockup i am sure that i will find a solution how this osd can look a little sleeker Wink..

One thing we could do is to find a skin which fits our needs in osd layout and just redesigning it and replace the xml files with the new ones Wink that is what my skills can offer Big Grin

Ps: of course replacing the navigationbar icons on osd is the next step Wink
Morning Saste,
So, I've been looking around for a nice OSD after you mentioned it, and I think that this is close to what I was trying to portray in my text.

This style (in your colours of course) "looks" much better than the current version as the current one has 2 many different font styles, some in the box, some out the box, some bold, some all caps etc... Plus I much prefer the poster location on the refocus version too.

What do you think?

Edit:
Rather than the star rating we would still have/use imdb (when user presses up)
No TV logo is required as not all shows have them and sizes are non standard. This can be put in the "up" menu though if required along with the HD/SD tags if needed.
No bold/large text etc is required (if it looks better bold, we could leave it bold though)

But overall, I think that screen is an absolute improvement over the current OSD in experience. It's clean, contained neat etc..
info screen looks good dude, I'd vote for that or something similar Nod
I am trying to redesign the actual osd like the above one and will post tomorrow or lately wednesday a screen of the new one ;-) but i would leave the clock and progressbar at its place caouse i like to see where i am at the movie by just pressing the info button on my harmony ;-)already found a nice colour for the clock background and the info (hopefully ;-) )
(2013-04-01, 20:35)Saste Wrote: I am trying to redesign the actual osd like the above one and will post tomorrow or lately wednesday a screen of the new one ;-) but i would leave the clock and progressbar at its place caouse i like to see where i am at the movie by just pressing the info button on my harmony ;-)already found a nice colour for the clock background and the info (hopefully ;-) )

This is great news,
You have a great eye for detail Saste, and the work you have done so far is nothing short of incredible!

I'm excited to see what's coming, and I bet it is stunning Big Grin

Ps
I agree with you regarding the clock/progress bar. This image i posted was just a close approximation.
I too would like the clock and progress bar to stay, so the fact you are doing that is great news, means we are all singing from the same hymn sheet and makes me very excited to see it Nod

Cant wait Big Grin
hey guys

this osd is now available on git.

its not the final one cause i have to find out which xml is responsible for the plot poster and rating area then i will arrange this area like the above one Wink

forward and backward icons have also been changed.

so what do you think so far?

and this is what i would like to achive (just a mockup)

do you guys agree with that or do you have other ideas?

YES YES YES!

The second image is awesome dude! (Not sure on the pink text though) but if you can achieve that exact look them I'm gonna be blown away! What a dramatic improvement that will be Big Grin

Can't wait for the this!
Dam work! Rofl
Hey Saste,
This is coming together nicely!

The mock up looks perfect, my only critisim would be that I'm not a fan of that pink text :p but other than that, perfect!

If you can achieve this look, that will be incredible!
I'm really excited by this as its going to give such an upgraded look to the skin, very appliance like (like sky or virgin etc) this is very classy and elegant and really impressive.

Can't wait for the final product,
I'm watching this thread like a hawk!!! Big Grin

Edit:
Derek got in there first re: the pink text! (White will be better)
I should learn to type faster, or refresh my page more often Rofl

Edit 2:
Will all Info such as HD/SD and IMDB still be available by pressing "up" on the info screen? If so! This is perfect and I think you nailed it!
Saste excellent work so far, it does make for a very polished look Big Grin

I had a play with the latest updates and noticed that in the Live TV section the channel number sticks above the background:

Would it be possible to reduce the size of that font (ie the 222) so that it fits correctly?

Thanks again for sharing your work, much appreciated by many I am sure.
@Pat ja ja ja Big Grin

I'm refreshing this page all day waiting for updates!
It's like waiting for Christmas, my day is dragging now Laugh

Yeh, white text instead of the pink and the mock up is the nuts for me!!!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK10