LOW sound in frodo
Question 
Hi, I'm new to xbmc but so far i like it. There is just one little thing, the sound is really low, and i mean REALLY low. I can hear some audio but not much. It doesn't matter if I use my separate speakers or those who are built in my mac.

I would be greatful for some answers.
A little more info on your setup might help us answer your question. HDMI connection? Receiver? Audio settings in XBMC?
Output: Analog
Speaker Conf: 2.1
Boost volume: (x)
Audio output device: Built-in output or airplay
Play GUI sounds: Only when playback stopped

That's my settings in XBMC, I guess thats defaults.

My mac is from early 2009 so I transfer the video via HDMI to my tv and i play the audio either through airplay or AUX-cable on my 2.1 speakers (no receiver).
You might check in guisettings.xml, search for <fvolumelevel>. If it is below 1.000000, change it to that value.

This is where you would have to change it:
Code:
<audio>
    <mute>false</mute>
    <fvolumelevel>1.000000</fvolumelevel>
</audio>

guisettings.xml is in /Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
2.1 <- set it to 2.0 if you have analog ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-03-27, 15:01)Glorious1 Wrote: You might check in guisettings.xml, search for <fvolumelevel>. If it is below 1.000000, change it to that value.

This is where you would have to change it:
Code:
<audio>
    <mute>false</mute>
    <fvolumelevel>1.000000</fvolumelevel>
</audio>

guisettings.xml is in /Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/

I couldn't find the file. I found the XBMC-folder under user/MyUserName/WindowsSupport. I did find a file named BootCamp.xml but it didn't help me very much.
I assumed you were using a mac because you posted in Mac OS X support. I'm sure you can easily look in the wiki and find out where to find it in Windows.
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Userdata:

[Windows 7 ] Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
[Windows XP] Documents and Settings\%userprofile%\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
(2013-03-29, 20:23)Glorious1 Wrote: I assumed you were using a mac because you posted in Mac OS X support. I'm sure you can easily look in the wiki and find out where to find it in Windows.

Yeah I do use mac,but it said windows support anyway.
Well that's weird. You must have a Library folder in your user folder? In case you don't know, that is hidden by default in recent versions of the OS.

In the Finder, open the Go menu to see a list of folders. Press the option key and the Library folder should show up. Then follow the path gave you above. If you don't find your XBMC folder that way, you've got something weird going on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LOW sound in frodo0