Adding Addons as home screen menu item
Hi,

I am using XBMC 12.0 and the confluence skin.

When clicking on videos on the home screen menu a vertical menu opens with a link to Addons (at the right). I would like to create a home screen menu item called Addons that opens the same window. Where can I find the command that opens that window?

Best regards, Moorstream
(2013-03-27, 01:34)Moorstream Wrote: When clicking on videos on the home screen menu a vertical menu opens with a link to Addons (at the right).
This sounds like you are using the old Confluence Vertical skin rather than the default Confluence skin for Frodo (XBMC 12.x)

Quote:I would like to create a home screen menu item called Addons that opens the same window. Where can I find the command that opens that window?
For the default Confluence skin: select VIDEOS, open the context menu (keyboard "c" or right mouse click) for the "Video Add-ons" entry, select "Add to favourites". You can examine your favourites.xml (wiki) file in your userdata (wiki) directory to see the command used to open the video add-ons window. However, the default skin does not support custom shortcut buttons on the main menu; for that, you'll need to use one of the Confluence mod skins for Frodo, or else modify the default skin yourself to add this button.
(2013-03-27, 01:34)Moorstream Wrote: Hi,

I am using XBMC 12.0 and the confluence skin.

When clicking on videos on the home screen menu a vertical menu opens with a link to Addons (at the right). I would like to create a home screen menu item called Addons that opens the same window. Where can I find the command that opens that window?

Best regards, Moorstream
Here is a mod you can try: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145080
Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I do not know what the Confluence vertical skin is. I am using the skin that was there by default after installing XBMC. On one computer I installed 12.0 over the previous version 11, on another computer I installed XBMC 12.0 for the first time, and they look the same. I have added the addon as a favourite as you suggest and then I have manually entered the following in my Home.xml (in the <content> tag) for Confluence in the 720p directory so now it is visible on the home screen as Addons.

<item id="15">
<label>MyCustomeHomeScreenMenuItemName... I just used Addons</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,"addons://sources/video/",return)</onclick>
<icon>-</icon>
<thumb>-</thumb>
<visible></visible>
</item>

Thanks a lot and thanks for the mod link, I will check that out.

Best regards, Moorstream

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Addons as home screen menu item0