Remote unable to connect
I'm running Server 2012 with Frodo 12.1 and XBMC remote version 1.0.9. On XBMC itself I am allowing control via HTTP over port 8080, allow programs on the system, and other system to control it, and have Zeroconf enabled. My firewall rules allow for XBMC traffic to pass through, my router has port 8080 open. When I enter the necessary info in to the remote, it never makes a connection. Other apps such as Yatse are also unable to connect.

This is from the log file, if more info is needed I'll be glad to share it.

02:20:56 T:5344 DEBUG: ZeroconfWIN: identifier: servers.jsonrpc-http type: _xbmc-jsonrpc-h._tcp name:XBMC (JORDAN-SERVER) port:8080
02:20:56 T:5344 DEBUG: ZeroconfWIN: identifier: servers.jsonrpc-tpc type: _xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp name:XBMC (JORDAN-SERVER) port:9090
02:20:56 T:5344 DEBUG: ZeroconfWIN: identifier: servers.webserver type: _http._tcp name:XBMC (JORDAN-SERVER) port:8080
02:20:56 T:5344 DEBUG: ZeroconfWIN: identifier: servers.eventserver type: _xbmc-events._udp name:XBMC (JORDAN-SERVER) port:9777

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Change the HTTP API Port on Remote to match the XBMC Settings->Services->Webserver-> port and enable "Allow control of XBMC vis HTTP" settings. Defaults to 8866 but I had to use 8876 due to a conflict with my PVR Back end.

HTH
Still nothing. Whatever port I pick it still refuses to connect.
Are you specifying your LAN IP Address or using your Host Name on the remote? If I recall correctly, the Host Name didn't work for me, so I'm using the IP Address. Also, I specify the Access Point and Mac Address under wi-fi and the Event Server is 9777. Yours seems to point to 9777, so check the others. I don't believe the Username and PW are necessary, but I included those as well.
I specify the IP. Here's some screen caps of my configuration with my MAC address blotted out.

But I get this every time...
Lol, Love a guy with a sense of humor.

Obviously the remote is not seeing/connecting to the webserver, which is a Port or Firewall issue.

On the remote, force Wi-fi only when using an internal IP. Restart XBMC after changing port/connection settings (each time). Ensure Firewall allows either All or TCP & UDP Inbound traffic - I allow only Local Subnet as well. I believe Port 8080 is problematic with the new Json API, many other user posts I saw when troubleshooting my own connection issues a couple months ago, had issues connecting to that Port. As I said, 8876 works for me so you might want to try that and restart XBMC, even a full reboot to clear port assignments could make a difference.
One more thing. I'm not binding the port to the IP within the router. I let Windows Firewall negotiate the connection from the Local Subnet and allow Any Port. At this point I don't need /desire to have a connection from outside my subnet. All works fine for both Official and Yatse Remotes.
Got it!

It was partially my own stupidity, and the port 8080 issue. I found in my windows firewall ecxeptions that XBMC was open to public broadcast but not private. Switching those around resolved the issue, it now works as it should. Thanks for your help GoogleRocks!
Excellent, glad it's resolved.

What was the final port config?
I just used port 1337 and set it to to only open on my IP.
Have the Same problem, using FORDO 12.2 on my windows 7 laptop and nd XBMC remote version 1.0.9

I DID FOLLOW all the changes but I still have problem connecting from my samsung s3

can Anyone walk me thru the steps on how to set it up
i did forward port on my D-LINK DIR-857

Tell me what you need to know of my sistem so anyone can help me

THANKS !!!

P.S : be kind i´m new in this area of technology

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote unable to connect1