MQ4 "My Menu" Disappearing
My custom menu "My Menu" is constantly disappearing and reappearing. Anytime I go into another menu such as "Movies" or "TV Shows" and come back to the main screen it will be toggled. If it's currently not visible and I go to "Movies" and then back out, it will then be visible.

Any suggestions on what to check first? I'm not afraid to mess around with various xml files, but I don't know where to start.
You shouldn't need to mess with the code. First thing to check is that its definetly enabled in the customisation menu.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

I'll double check that when I get home, but I'm pretty sure it's been enabled. I'd been using it forever and then it just started acting all flaky. The background art for "My Menu" also disappeared.
Having the same issue
hmmm.. MQ has just released an update, so hopefully that may solve it. Let me know if not

Updated to the latest version (3.0.0) and still having the same issue. I double checked and made sure that my custom menu is enabled in the customization and it is.
I was having the same problem and finally ended up switching to another theme. Very annoying to say the least.
I've been thinking about switching to Aeon Nox if this can't be resolved. I'd had to switch though. Really like MQ4.
I haven't had a go to see if its the same on my system, but could you not just dissable it if its annoying you that much? I don't believe Nox even has a my menu like feature, so turning off would be preferable to switching in my mind.

Also, no disrespect to Nox, but if I was going to switch from MQ4 it would be to Marcos' new skin ACE.

I could turn it off, but I'd rather not since I was using it along with it's submenus.

I'll take a look at ACE in the meantime.
(2013-03-27, 20:29)zyphermonkey Wrote: I'll double check that when I get home, but I'm pretty sure it's been enabled. I'd been using it forever and then it just started acting all flaky. The background art for "My Menu" also disappeared.

I've been facing the same issue. Even when I still don't customize anything on "My Menu" it randomly appears and dissapears. I also see the background for all menus disappearing sometimes. Very strange.
I am having the exact same problem
im having the issue where just the top menu item from my menu will disapear, the my menu itself is still there and so is its sub menu, so i have just moved items into the sub menu
Just decided to upgrade from MQ3 to MQ4. Very disappointed. I saw "my menu" only the first time i used the skin (i didnt even have the time to enter the menu) now it's gone forever
(2013-04-25, 04:45)Canozzie Wrote: im having the issue where just the top menu item from my menu will disapear, the my menu itself is still there and so is its sub menu, so i have just moved items into the sub menu

I'm having this exact issue. Love the skin, but i need customisation of my menu so my flat mates can use it too. Switching skins until resolved - but i have noticed this behaviour loop if it helps:

1. Items in 'my menu' are available
2. Open any menu on home screen
3. Exit from menu back to home screen
4. Items in 'my menu' have disappeared
5. Open any menu on home screen
6. Exit from menu back to home screen
...and problem repeats from step 1.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ4 "My Menu" Disappearing0