Anyone have experience using XBMC as an A/V Reveiver
Question 
Has anyone ever tried using their XBMC box as an A/V receiver? My idea is that I could use two Timeleak HD72As and have my blu-ray and cable connected to them (after stripping HDCP encryption of course). From there I could download the necessary drivers and link to the feeds in XBMC.

Does anyone have experience or thoughts with this sort of setup?

Thank you!
I think its possible. Haven't done it myself. Where I think you'll run into trouble is with wattage output to your speakers unless your running a small cheap set. The larger more expensive speakers are going to require much more wattage than a PC can put out - hence the reason most A/V receivers have built in amplifiers.
HTPC - i3-3240 Processor | Asus P8H77-I Mobo | 8 GB PC3 12800 DDR3 | 60 GB SSD | Windows 8.1 w/ XBMC Frodo
NAS Server - Dual Xeon E5440 Quad Core | 32 GB DDR2 ECC | 4 X 2TB Western Digital RED | RAIDz | FreeNAS
I'm going to be using just a soundbar that I have, nothing too complicated. I'm mostly just looking to use it as a way to switch inputs in a way.
Shame they don't do 5.1 audio.

A lot of people just switch inputs via automatic HDMI switches or a Harmony remote.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone have experience using XBMC as an A/V Reveiver0