• 17(current)
[RELEASE] Apple iTunes Trailers (Video Add-on)
Hi tknorris, thank you for providing a working alternative! Recently I had been having problems with the old one failing to refresh the list. I've been using yours tonight and found it appears to fill the cache a lot slower (up to 30 vs 3 seconds) than the original plugin even after setting it to 720p. I read in one of your posts above you have changed how it downloads? I did switch back and forth between the two but I'll test again tomorrow. Also, after the trailer stops it returns to the list with the "loading" spinner/overlay and I have to go back to the movie list to continue. I'm using 15.2 too.

Thanks!
(2016-07-14, 00:36)Sheepish Wrote: Hi tknorris, thank you for providing a working alternative! Recently I had been having problems with the old one failing to refresh the list. I've been using yours tonight and found it appears to fill the cache a lot slower (up to 30 vs 3 seconds) than the original plugin even after setting it to 720p. I read in one of your posts above you have changed how it downloads? I did switch back and forth between the two but I'll test again tomorrow. Also, after the trailer stops it returns to the list with the "loading" spinner/overlay and I have to go back to the movie list to continue. I'm using 15.2 too.

Thanks!

The rate of buffering is very much dependent on Apple's site. That really hasn't changed from the old addon to this one.

I can't reproduce your issue on the spinner thing, but I only support Jarvis or later.
Thanks for fixing this tknorris!
Just installed 0.0.7. Nice work. Any chance of getting a 'watched' indicator check? Thanks.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
(2016-07-17, 18:04)curtis-r Wrote: Just installed 0.0.7. Nice work. Any chance of getting a 'watched' indicator check? Thanks.

Do you mean on individual trailers? If so, that works for me here on Krypton and Jarvis.
tknorris,

Firstly, thanks for taking up the torch and working on this.

Is your reworked plug-in currently only available via your repo? Do you have plans on releasing it via the official repo?
(2016-07-19, 14:47)webjester Wrote: tknorris,

Firstly, thanks for taking up the torch and working on this.

Is your reworked plug-in currently only available via your repo? Do you have plans on releasing it via the official repo?

It's only in my beta repo at this time.
(2016-06-28, 06:25)tknorris Wrote: FYI, I've forked and rewritten this addon and it seems to work pretty well. It's in my beta repo which I won't link to since it contains addons that are banned from discussion here. If you care to install it though, you shouldn't have trouble googling for my beta repository. My version of the addon is called "Apple Trailers" and has a dfferent addon id to prevent conflicts w/ this addon. My version has a bit better Trakt integration as well works with more kinds of trailers.

Sorry for the newb question, but how do you install the addon (or your beta repo) from git? Do you just copy the folder to the addons directory? I tried that and it doesn't seem to work...
(2016-08-01, 04:14)jluce50 Wrote:
(2016-06-28, 06:25)tknorris Wrote: FYI, I've forked and rewritten this addon and it seems to work pretty well. It's in my beta repo which I won't link to since it contains addons that are banned from discussion here. If you care to install it though, you shouldn't have trouble googling for my beta repository. My version of the addon is called "Apple Trailers" and has a dfferent addon id to prevent conflicts w/ this addon. My version has a bit better Trakt integration as well works with more kinds of trailers.

Sorry for the newb question, but how do you install the addon (or your beta repo) from git? Do you just copy the folder to the addons directory? I tried that and it doesn't seem to work...

I'm not going to link to it directly, but you need to download the repo zip and then use "Install from Zip" and select the previously downloaded zip file. That will install the repo, and then you can install the addon using "Install from Repository"
"apple itunes trailers" works on my PC kodi, but for months it doesn't work on my raspberry pi 2 kodi (can't connect) although I even re-installed kodi in meantime. The link tknorris provided in Post: #228 seems to be down.
(2016-08-01, 04:20)tknorris Wrote:
(2016-08-01, 04:14)jluce50 Wrote:

I'm not going to link to it directly, but you need to download the repo zip and then use "Install from Zip" and select the previously downloaded zip file. That will install the repo, and then you can install the addon using "Install from Repository"

Hello,

May you send me this link too please ? I've got the same problem.
(2016-08-05, 19:40)alban.pons Wrote:
(2016-08-01, 04:20)tknorris Wrote:
(2016-08-01, 04:14)jluce50 Wrote: Sorry for the newb question, but how do you install the addon (or your beta repo) from git? Do you just copy the folder to the addons directory? I tried that and it doesn't seem to work...

Hello,

Please don't ask me to break the rules here. It's in my (tknorris) beta repo. Google is your friend. If that's not enough for you to figure it out, then I don't think I can help you.
(2016-08-05, 19:43)tknorris Wrote:
(2016-08-05, 19:40)alban.pons Wrote:
(2016-08-01, 04:20)tknorris Wrote: I'm not going to link to it directly, but you need to download the repo zip and then use "Install from Zip" and select the previously downloaded zip file. That will install the repo, and then you can install the addon using "Install from Repository"

Hello,

Please don't ask me to break the rules here. It's in my (tknorris) beta repo. Google is your friend. If that's not enough for you to figure it out, then I don't think I can help you.
Ok, sorry for this newb question. Repo found and zip downloaded. Thanks.

Envoyé de mon SM-P905 en utilisant Tapatalk
With the latest version it doesn't launch and gives the following error log
Code:
17:27:00 T:4880   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named kodi
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.apple_trailers\default.py", line 22, in <module>
                                                import kodi
                                            ImportError: No module named kodi
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
17:27:00 T:2800   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.apple_trailers/
17:27:00 T:2800   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.apple_trailers/) failed
17:27:05 T:2800  NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
(2016-08-27, 02:31)curtis-r Wrote: With the latest version it doesn't launch and gives the following error log
Code:
17:27:00 T:4880   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named kodi
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.apple_trailers\default.py", line 22, in <module>
                                                import kodi
                                            ImportError: No module named kodi
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
17:27:00 T:2800   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.apple_trailers/
17:27:00 T:2800   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.apple_trailers/) failed
17:27:05 T:2800  NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime

If you have my beta repo installed, it should have auto-installed tknorris.shared (also in my beta repo) when it updated. I moved several modules into a shared module so that I wouldn't have to keep maintaining them in multiple places.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Apple iTunes Trailers (Video Add-on)2