NFS Issue with multiple exports
I'm having a strange issue with NFS sharing from OS-X (Mountain Lion). I have two NFS shares exported and XBMC clients from other machines can access media on the first exported share, but not the second one.

Note that I also found a similar thread in the Linux forum (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157892), which suggests that this might be a general issue rather than an OS-X specific one, hence why I posted here. Please move though if necessary.

The basic setup is as follows:

1. Mac Mini (2009, Mountain Lion). Runs XBMC 12, hosts MySQL library, exports two NFS shares containing media files.
2. AppleTV 2. XBMC 12, uses MySQL library hosted on the Mac Mini, uses path substitution to switch NFS paths in place of the local paths stored in the DB.
3. RaspberryPi running latest Raspbmc, configured as per the AppleTV2.

On the Mac Mini, all of my media is stored on one of the following two volumes:

Code:
/Volumes/Drobo
/Volumes/Drobo2

These are exported as:

Code:
macmini:/ martin$ cat /etc/exports
    /Volumes/Drobo -alldirs -mapall=501
    /Volumes/Drobo2 -alldirs -mapall=501

I've also added the -N option to com.apple.nfsd.plist.

All media works fine on the Mac Mini (local access to the filesystems obviously). From either of the other two XBMC instances, I can play any media located on the first share (/Volumes/Drobo), but not any media located on the second share (/Volumes/Drobo2). Whenever I try to play a video from the second share, I get the following error message back:

Code:
This file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library?

I've pasted a log from the AppleTV client attempting to play a file from the second share (/Volumes/Drobo2).

http://pastebin.com/ff5EjdpM

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, and if there is any more info needed to help with this I can dig it out.
Solved?

After writing the earlier post, I had a thought the there might be a path substitution issue. So, for fun, I swapped around the path substitution settings (on the AppleTV) from this:

Code:
<pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
        <from>/Volumes/Drobo/</from>
        <to>nfs://192.168.1.65/Volumes/Drobo/</to>
    </substitute>
    <substitute>
        <from>/Volumes/Drobo2/</from>
        <to>nfs://192.168.1.65/Volumes/Drobo2/</to>
    </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

To this:

Code:
<pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
        <from>/Volumes/Drobo2/</from>
        <to>nfs://192.168.1.65/Volumes/Drobo2/</to>
    </substitute>
    <substitute>
        <from>/Volumes/Drobo/</from>
        <to>nfs://192.168.1.65/Volumes/Drobo/</to>
    </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

Now all files play correctly, regardless of which export they are located on.

I've pasted the log for the same file as above, but with the new path substitution settings here: http://pastebin.com/hkYSYbUq

The log captures the same actions as the previous log (followed by stopping the video), except that this time everything works correctly. I've also verified that files on the other share still work.

Any thoughts?
Drobo is a substring of Drobo2 ... that might trick path substitution. Not a nfs problem really i think.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-03-28, 17:35)Memphiz Wrote: Drobo is a substring of Drobo2 ... that might trick path substitution. Not a nfs problem really i think.

Ah, that makes sense thanks very much. Presumably the substitutions are applied in the order they're defined in the advancedsettings?
looks like

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS Issue with multiple exports0