Windows Server Essential 2012
Did anybody manage to configure windows server essential 2012 to work with XBMC..

SMB is not visible in XBMC.

WHS1 work with no problem...
How do you mean?

Are you trying to install XBMC on a WSE2012 install or are your just trying to connect to an SMB share on your WSE2012 machine from another client?

I use WHS2011 and have no issues with XBMC seeing my SMB shares.
I share from a server 2012 essentials, and it works without problems. User and password correct in the source? User has read access to shares?
(2013-03-28, 18:52)jhhoffma Wrote: How do you mean?

Are you trying to install XBMC on a WSE2012 install or are your just trying to connect to an SMB share on your WSE2012 machine from another client?

I use WHS2011 and have no issues with XBMC seeing my SMB shares.

I am trying to connect to it with a different client.....

Windows 8 + XBMC (XBMC autostart on bootup)

(2013-03-28, 19:08)Novgorod Wrote: I share from a server 2012 essentials, and it works without problems. User and password correct in the source? User has read access to shares?

How is your windows server 2012 essential share folder configure?
Standard setup via dashboard. I created a htpc user and assign access rights accordingly.
Sorry to dig up an old thread, did you ever get this working? - I've done the same, moved from Home Server to WSE 2012 and the shares don't appear in XBMC, they are there in windows, I setup and account called 'xbmc' its got full read/write access but still nothing....
Again... sorry to dig up an old thread, but did either of you ever get this working?
I've done the same - moved from Home Server to WSE2012 and the shares don't appear in XBMC on an Android Media Box (although XBMC works fine on PC & laptop - same network)
Also have a WDLive box that worked fine with Home Server but doesn't with WSE2012.

Have spent hours looking at the server settings (but PC & laptop is fine)

Cheers
Same Problem here. Moved to Server 2012 R2 Essentials, which comes with a DOMAIN instead of WORKGROUP and now I don't see and can not connect to the Server from XBMC. And no solution to be found on the internet. Damn it. Sad
I have had this working from day one of using Server 2012 essentials. All I have done is mapped the network drive to the HTPC and then gone into XBMC and located the shared folder. How do you have the folders mapped to your machine?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Server Essential 20120