Frodo 12.1 - Addons Very Slow to Load
I have an issue since upgrading to Frodo 12 and 12.1. I have done a completely clean install from scratch and have uninstalled and reinstalled xbmc 12.1 multiple times but the same problem occurs. The Lag on the addons does not occur when I roll back to eden from Frodo but the problem happens again when I reinstall frodo.

Heres the Debug Log.
http://notepad.cc/tiexoffu49
try turning off the metadata for the addons, i found that loading all that extra junk really slowed the XBMC program down. even causing it to hang on exiting the program sometimes.
(2013-03-28, 19:09)zedika Wrote: Heres the Debug Log.
http://notepad.cc/tiexoffu49
While we appreciate your showing us where your log resides on your system, we cannot look into the contents of your hard drive from here to review your log. Wink

Please upload the contents of your entire debug log (wiki) (with debug logging enabled) to www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL here. Be sure the log shows you trying to launch one of these add-ons that's taking a long time to start.
Oh sorry. Will get on that as soon as possible, I have been on vacation for the last few days so I will definitely upload the new log as soon as i get the chance. Thanks artrafael.

Can you describe how or what I need to do to turn off metadata for addons @The_Hun, I will definitely try turning off the metadata for addons when I get a chance too, thanks The_Hun.
(2013-04-02, 14:14)zedika Wrote: Oh sorry. Will get on that as soon as possible, I have been on vacation for the last few days so I will definitely upload the new log as soon as i get the chance. Thanks artrafael.

Can you describe how or what I need to do to turn off metadata for addons @The_Hun, I will definitely try turning off the metadata for addons when I get a chance too, thanks The_Hun.

@zedika

did you ever get an answer for this?
(2013-04-25, 02:38)hellohello Wrote:
(2013-04-02, 14:14)zedika Wrote: Oh sorry. Will get on that as soon as possible, I have been on vacation for the last few days so I will definitely upload the new log as soon as i get the chance. Thanks artrafael.

@zedika

did you ever get an answer for this?

No I still haven't been able to figure this out. I've been thinking of putting windows on my mac mini and seeing how it handles frodo.
I'm also having this problem since upgrading to 12.1. Going to get the latest daily and see if its fixed.

EDIT: Hmm, doesn't look like it Sad
Quote:No I still haven't been able to figure this out. I've been thinking of putting windows on my mac mini and seeing how it handles frodo.

wont make a difference. I have 2 win7 pcs and 3 openelec boxes, all on 12.1, and loading addons is sloooow. however, if you were to leave the addon, then come right back to it, it's snappy. but if you leave it and say watch a show then go back to that addon again, 1-2min wait time all over again.
(2013-04-26, 07:33)hellohello Wrote:
Quote:No I still haven't been able to figure this out. I've been thinking of putting windows on my mac mini and seeing how it handles frodo.

wont make a difference. I have 2 win7 pcs and 3 openelec boxes, all on 12.1, and loading addons is sloooow. however, if you were to leave the addon, then come right back to it, it's snappy. but if you leave it and say watch a show then go back to that addon again, 1-2min wait time all over again.

I concur completely. The addon does work fine after it's already loaded and upon another event it becomes laggy again. Glad you gave me a heads up about the Windows 7 as I was working up to doing a reinstall of Win 7 on my mac quite soon. Can anyone else do a debug log of this issue and upload it. My logs seem to show nothing.
Perhaps it's this?

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14212
Hmm I don't think so, the Trac Bug seems similar but not the same as what we're experiencing.
Im using nightly and have the same problem with slow loading on win7 64bit. Will post logs if needed when I come home. Also, when I click play on any of my smart playlists I have to wait 1 minute or more, but if I play that same playlist from Yatse (android remote) its instant.
@zedika

Are you running a shared MySQL database? Try setting one of your machines to local. I just did and the addons loaded within 6 seconds

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
@hellohello No i'm not sorry, My xbmc machine is configured to access a network share (home server) via SMB.

Glad you sorted your issue out though.
@zedika

didn't really sort it out: having multiple local DBs of the same content kind of sux.

however, my xbmc boxes access network shares via SMB as well. what I was asking was if you were using MySQL as a way to sync across multiple xbmc boxes. in my case I wanted to see if that played a role in the way the addons were loading.

I am also setting up a MySQL 5.5 server (instead of my current 5.6) as users have reported there being errors with Frodo and MySQL 5.6

sorry if this doesn't help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo 12.1 - Addons Very Slow to Load0