xbmc slow loading tv shows/movie
xbmc running superbly on my pi with raspbmc however tv shows and movies takes a few seconds like 10 seconds (feels like forever) see video below i have xbmc installed on my atv2 and raspberry pi and running mysql on a windows server iv also got them set up for nfs any other information needed??

anything i can do to speed this up

also hard wired everywhere

edit:

also i have tried with many different skins and my pi is overclocked
That's how Metropolis is on an ARM processor. I've seen that happen on the Pi and on iOS, too. Not an issue with most other skins. Most other functions/actions in Metropolis seem fine.
iv tried with other skins and again same delay, anything else i can do to speed up the artwork? could i store fanart locally or is it stored on the pi or the network would enabling dds artwork help?
Time the performance of the stock Confluence skin, because if that isn't anywhere near as slow (and it shouldn't be), then it's a skin issue. Mind you, how many TV shows do you have, that could be a factor if we're talking hundreds. I have 48 tv shows and with Confluence Modified it takes about 2 seconds to display the landing page ("wide" view, ie. banners).

1GHz 512MB Pi, OpenELEC, MySQL, NFS.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-03-29, 21:08)cf125 Wrote: iv tried with other skins and again same delay, anything else i can do to speed up the artwork? could i store fanart locally or is it stored on the pi or the network would enabling dds artwork help?

dds will make it worse (it's not natively supported so involves an extra conversion).
Turning off extract thumbnails and video info does help.
yes i have a big library im thinking that is the cause i got a spare network switch do you tihnk if i plug the server and the pi into that directly it will improve the speed or is it defintaly not the network? (i know quite hard to say)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc slow loading tv shows/movie0