Win No projector image (black screen), now 4 FPS, no audio (Win8, Frodo)
Exclamation 
(Yes, I searched. And read on this topic for the last two days, and tried all of the suggestions).

--Technical Details after the description--

I got a new laptop in December, and when I first installed XBMC I had a problem with having video play through onto my projector. Never had an issue with my old Dell laptop projecting through HDMI. For this new laptop's issue, I solved it (at least, temporarily) for the .mkv and .mp4 files I had (in my TV shows collection) because at that time, it was a monitor refresh rate issue.

Now something altogether is going on.

Earlier today, I found that only the files in the "Movies" category are blacked out completely, no audio. After some tweaking, I was able to get audio, but my projector showed a blank screen. I tweaked with various settings, and now I can get video, but no audio, and the video is extremely choppy (3-4 frames per second). I played around with every combination of settings, checked for updated video and audio drivers, restarted and the like- to no avail.

And now the problem has spread to my TV shows as well.

About my setup, I use an Onkyo HT-R380 receiver as the HDMI pass-through for everything. I connect the laptop's HDMI into an HDMI input on the back of the receiver, which has a HDMI out to the projector. I connect my blu-ray player and Xbox in the same way with no problems with audio or video. I can connect the laptop to the projector through the receiver perfectly with picture and sound with no issues- the only problems I have are through XBMC, and even then, only when I try to play video files.

It should also be noted that this only happens when I try to have the video file playing on my projector- when I play it using these settings using just my laptop's screen (not extended to the projector), everything works perfectly, and that includes the audio going through HDMI to the receiver so I hear full DTS signal through the Onkyo receiver and speakers. The video signal as it goes out to the projector through HDMI is the problem.

Here are the specifications I have for the system, and XBMC:

Windows 8 (build 9200)
CPU/Architecture: Intel i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz, 22nm IvyBridge (64-bit)
RAM: 8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz
Video Card and Driver version: Nvidia GeForce GT 650M, 4GB dedicated RAM, driver version 6.2.9200.16384, native monitor resolution 1920x1080, DirectX 11
Sound Card and Driver version: Realtek High Definition Audio (driver version 6.0.1.6714), NVIDIA High Definition Audio (driver version 1.3.23.1)- I use the Nvidia audio through HDMI
Projector Specs: BenQ W1000 1080p projector (60Hz)
Receiver: Onkyo HT-R380 receiver (as HDMI pass-through)
XBMC revision: 12.0 (Git:20130127-fb595f2- compiled January 28, 2013)

Full debug log: http://pastebin.com/GZwH3c4y
MediaInfo output: http://pastebin.com/sWh0hFfd

As for relevant settings, here are some screenshots:

Thank you in advance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No projector image (black screen), now 4 FPS, no audio (Win8, Frodo)0