Ace on low level hardware
I was looking for something like Ace for quite some time - nice light skin with customizable vertical menu. So i tried it on Raspberry Pi (raspbmc with 12.0). Well, i can see that it much more faster comparing to Aeons, but perfomance is still not really satisfactory. I turned off all resource hungry options like widgets and animation (both in settings menu and view settings). Browsing in main menu is mainly ok, submenu sliding is pretty fast, but opening library (any, movies/tv shows/music) is unacceptably long, swithching view modes is slow. Also skin is very slow in "customize home menu" windows. Is there any less obvious options to turn off to increase perfomance? Also i had few crashes (probably out of memory, will investigate it further)

MQ, if it's could you please add some options to turn off animation and stuff like this?

On a side note... Sometimes it's hard to understand what element is selected in wall view. May be add some space between thumbs and not just bounce, but increase the size of the selected one.
Try it on Openelec 3.0 with the Rbej modifications - http://openelec.tv/forum/124-raspberry-p...s-openelec

works really well on my 256mb model Pi
+1
Love this skin and want to use it on Pi.
It works, but CPU is at 80-99% pretty much all of the time and browsing library is to slow IMO.
And I am running Pi on 1050MHz.

Things that should make it better for Pi:
* Disable background fanart and simple view in movies and tv shows with fanart in window (as in Confluence Media info 3 or Ace view Wide with small fanart + cover).
* View in movies and tv shows without animation
* Disable all scrolling texts (always cause high CPU on Pi)
* Disable small animations as audio language info popping up/down in library
* Might sound ridiculous but disable flashing light in main menu will lower CPU load on Pi.

This is my favourite skin. very nice job!
I really want it on my Pi! Big Grin
Found something lately. If i disable "Fixed list" in Poster view, it increase general responsiveness of the skin, including other views, opening libraries etc. I'm not sure what kind of magic is this, i think it's already off by default in 1.4, but you may want to try it if you use ace on RPi or ATV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ace on low level hardware0