Win HTPC / Steambox AMD build
Question 
Hi there, was hoping someone might be able to offer some feedback on what I've been looking at here... Mostly concerned about heat as Im not terribly familiar with AMD cpus, plus I'm not sure if the case I'm selecting is sufficient in size for the stock fansink.

MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 AMD A75 Motherboard

AMD A8-Series AD560KWOHJBOX Quad-Core A8-5600K Black Edition APU

Thermaltake SD101 Mini-ITX Case

Initially Im starting with 8gig ram and a left over 80gig hdd from my laptop. Primary use will be as a HTPC running win7 and XBMC. Netflix is heavily used in the house for the kids.

Steam is secondary, added bonus so to speak... not looking to run Skyrim, but it probably would ok. I don't think I can realistically pull this off with a Celeron based build.

Fairly large media library that is growing.. around 5TB now and the data is housed on external usb 3.0 drives

I'm graduating from a WD Live Hub that just doesn't cut the mustard anymore and I can't find anything prebuilt on the market that appeals to me. Originally I was looking at using a Shuttle Atom based build but after reading through here a bit I started to get concerned that it wouldn't really be much of an upgrade.

Appreciate any feedback

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC / Steambox AMD build0