Linux [Pi] Scrolling needs to be disabled for now
It's been found that scrolling/animations fully load the CPU to 99% on the Pi, which is obviously a problem as users will often leave XBMC on a screen with scrolling text and this will waste power and create heat.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1380163

The Timeline EPG screen is one place that's affected by this, as the programme titles are scrolled due to not fitting in the boxes. Even when I haven't been able to see anything actively scrolling the CPU has still been pegged at 99% but I may just have not seen it, otherwise something else must be going on as well.

The Addons descriptions also scroll causing this high CPU load.

Being in the Settings screen and going from the category side to the actual settings side also loads the CPU, although this might be a separate problem as I don't see any scrolling text/animations there. Strangely, if I drill down to the Skin Settings screen, this doesn't happen.

Anyway, hopefully a fix can be found to allow scrolling/animations without fully loading the CPU but in the meantime it would be great if scrolling could be disabled, particularly in the Timeline EPG which users are likely to leave XBMC on when idle.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Pi] Scrolling needs to be disabled for now0