5 % China
5 % Germany
4 % Netherlands
3% Spain
2 % Portugal
2 % Brazil
2 % Australia
2 % France
and 222 other locations, each 1 % or less.

So, 22% USA, 78% "overseas"

Edit: I understand the question you wanted to ask was "How is the experience with XBMC for an American traveling abroad when using addons that provide access to American services?" but I thought this was interesting nonetheless.

I... Don't quite think that 10% us in Canada, while not in the United States, qualify as 'Over Seas' even from an American perspective. o.o
Sure, make it 22% USA and 78% non-USA then Smile
More interesting point: The United States has a population just sort of ten times that of Canada, yet Canada's portion of XBMC downloads is just a bit less than half that of the United States. Per capita, we seem to be a lot more HTPC savey than the United States. Smile
Per capita it would look very very different. Neither the US nor Canada would be at the top.
If you can get a link to a recent list of the populations of the countries in the world, I'll see what I can do.
I dont know how recent this is but here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cou...population

there are sources at the end of each line in the list.
Yeah found it myself but was at work and no time to put it into excel with some calculations
Do the figures include downloads via the ppa's for linux users?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Kib...

World population from CIA fact book as at July 2014

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications...19.html#as
(2014-08-26, 01:01)DJ_Izumi Wrote: More interesting point: The United States has a population just sort of ten times that of Canada, yet Canada's portion of XBMC downloads is just a bit less than half that of the United States. Per capita, we seem to be a lot more HTPC savey than the United States. Smile

I was just thinking the same thing myself. Very interresting all these figures.
just look at The Netherlands Smile
Position 5 and the smallest country by far
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
We're only ten million and have 2% seems good.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
My guess is that at least one of the Nordic countries if in the top five if we're talking per capita.

Go Sweden!
(2014-08-26, 22:04)nickr Wrote: Do the figures include downloads via the ppa's for linux users?

And Openelec ?
And xbmchub? :-) <gets coat>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Overseas?0