XBMC on apple TV 2 for business
Dear XBMC community,

I am totally new to XBMC so excuse me if i ask questions that seems straight forward to you.
I work at a media company where we have two screens that display our portfolio. Right now we have a cheap media box that just loops our portfolio constantly (so we have a USB stick in the media box where all the productions in mp4 format are on). Only the good thing about the Apple tv is the airplay function! In that way we can just show our portfolio, but when we have a presentation for a client we can sync our macbook pro screen with the tv screens so we can show wathever we want.
My question is, is it possible to loop a playlist? And if so, is it possible to make a shortcut for this, because we have to turn it on every morning. And my second question is how you would feed the Apple TV the media. It does have a USB input doesnt it? We also have a mac pro constantly running, so that could feed the media also.

I would apreciate your advise a lot and thank you in advandce.

Willem
Nobody can help me?
It would be greatly appreciated.
Yes you can loop a playlist, I do this with Audio and is the same setting for Video.
Yes you can set it up to auto start a playlist on boot so whenever it starts it will launch the playlist.
Probably easiest to leave the ATV on instead of setting this up but it is possible, they are very low power consumption.
You can feed it media from the a network share from your mac pro that is always on.

And yes you can shoot it media using airplay so if you have video or audio on your iphone/ipad/mac you can send it to the ATV and have it displayed.

You do need to jailbreak the ATV2 in order to get XBMC on it.

Edit by Memphiz: removed wrong assumption.
יונתן בן-חיים
Thank you nokdim for your clear answer. Smile
Totally new to xbmc here, but what is the best resource for all the information on how to do this?
I would start with the wiki at http://wiki.xbmc.org
@nokdim - while i really appreciate the fact that you want to support here i want you to not post assumptions which you are not sure about. (i have edited your post so that noone else will find your wrongly "i'm pretty sure that blahblah")

The ATV2 is not able to read from any usb connected device. The USB port is only a client not a host and is only used for the jailbreak and updating the ATV2.

Beside that you should be able to feed the media over network. When using airplay mirroring (mirror the macbook screen) you will most likly kill XBMC. XBMC itself does not support airplay mirroring.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
No problem sorry about that I will not post assumptions. People are already confused enough and don't need assumptions to mess them up even more.
יונתן בן-חיים

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on apple TV 2 for business0