• 8(current)
[PseudoTV] Guide for adding strm channels
Can you build it for windows, assuming majority of the people use windows?
(2013-07-10, 23:37)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-07-10, 19:53)alienhead95 Wrote: With an outdated librtmp not all link works, but some might. And the reason I say it might be the librtmp is because it works for me. I will post a screenshot later.
(2013-07-10, 18:23)scilz Wrote: pretty sure ive updated my librtmp i dont think any strm files work unless u update the librtmp but i will double check to make sure i did

I wish rtmp were compatible with all platforms... then I could add a built in updater to PTV

(2013-07-10, 23:37)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-07-10, 19:53)alienhead95 Wrote: With an outdated librtmp not all link works, but some might. And the reason I say it might be the librtmp is because it works for me. I will post a screenshot later.

I wish librtmp.dll were compatible with all platforms... then I could add a built in updater to PTV
Click on the + sign below If I have helped you
here is a link to my live folder i will update it daily it has like 140 folders with the strm and nfo's inside and ready to be scanned into library with justthefilename scanner i plan on adding more and also adding art work and more info if anyone else wants to share some good strms or help with artwork/info so we can make a good list that would be great

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uidqrxqfho02kn7/l25ElCrI0l
forgot to mention u need justintv plugin for some of these but the rest are direct strms
@ scilz PM...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-07-11, 08:22)scilz Wrote: here is a link to my live folder i will update it daily it has like 140 folders with the strm and nfo's inside and ready to be scanned into library with justthefilename scanner i plan on adding more and also adding art work and more info if anyone else wants to share some good strms or help with artwork/info so we can make a good list that would be great

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uidqrxqfho02kn7/l25ElCrI0l

scilz, are these strm files synced up with your settings2.xml list for PTVLive?
no 2 difrent list im not working on the folders now that we have ptvl. it's much easier i will be making another list soon that has channels from 800-999 . but u will need justin tv plugin for that one
Hi, hopefully somebody can help me. I can't seem to get Hulu plus to work with pseudotv. Regular hulu .strms work but plus .strms won't load into psuedotv. The plus .strms work fine when trying to watch from the library. Any help = great!
(2013-08-12, 22:12)TorMenT Wrote: Hi, hopefully somebody can help me. I can't seem to get Hulu plus to work with pseudotv. Regular hulu .strms work but plus .strms won't load into psuedotv. The plus .strms work fine when trying to watch from the library. Any help = great!

Did you try the steps in this guide?

are you paying for hulu plus? live in the US?

are you using playon or bluecops hulu?

do you have plus enabled in your hulu addon? or did you make sure you are using a valid hulu id and password?
Ok...I just don't get it. I have tried setting up libraries, don't understand the configuration of channels,etc. Have read all the replies in this section. Also Milkman's thread. I have tried playlist, tv, Genre, etc. I am getting nothing on Psuedotv. I have an Apple TV2 and a mac. Neither seem to work. Can someone explain from step 1 what I should do? I am only wanting to use this for streaming. I have no folder set up on mac or Apple tv.
@scilz

I thought I read in either this or the PTVL thread, that you had updated your stream list with info on the reliability of a stream and I can't find it. Did I dream this up or am I just missing it? At the moment only want to add the most reliable streams as my family are the main users.

Also do you happen to know the location in xbmcbuntu for the librtmp, I can't seem find that either?

Ugh...between your and lunatixz awesome work I'm not getting enough sleep!! Thanks for everything you guys are doing it really is amazing!
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
i know nothing about linux locations sry. and lunatixz is working on another method for adding strms and asked me not to post anymore settings2 because ppl are having problems with this method. idk what the new adding method will be but i still have tons of strms,rss feeds,youtube stuff,jtv,veetle so when the new method is in place ill see what i can do bout making a list or whatever it may be.
cool, thanks for the reply!
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
I'm a little confused. I have been following this post about how to setup strm files in PseudoTV for the past months and have gotten no where.

I have no problem getting the .strms added to XBMC. They show up under TV Shows. The information is all provided. I create a playlist and I see the shows under the playlist. But when I add the playlist to PseudoTV as a channel, I see it gets sees the .strm files, but it always shows:
script.pseudotv-VideoParser: No parser found for extension .strm

I have used embler to create a .nfo and then create a channel that reads the directory. It reads the both the .strm and .nfo files, but shows
script.pseudotv-VideoParser: No parser found for extension .nfo

and then never adds the show to the channel. I finally looked at the source code today, and I see that a show will only be added to the channel if the duration of the show is > 0. There is no VideoParser for .strm. I do see the part of the code that will use runtime if duration is not found (as embler stores runtime and not duration and likewise xbmc keeps runtime info, not duration). The part that does a check for duration > 0 doesn't even let the show be added to the list of candidate shows where it can later use runtime=duration.

So to fix the problem, I removed the duration > 0, but then noticed it would add any file including nonvideo files, which causes problems (trying to play nonvideo files).

So I went back and created a STRMParser and the situation has gone away. It is now adding strm files.

But why did I have to do this?!? The tutorial doesn't say anything about having to modify the source code to make .strm files work. It simply suggests creating .nfo files using embler and let PseudoTV load those, but like I said, it seems to be ignoring them as NFO is not a video parser type, nor is STRM.

Am I misunderstanding something?

I'm using the latest version I could find : XBMC-PseudoTV-2.1.0
I have even tried adding a <duration>value</duration> to the .nfo but like I said, it doesn't even seem to care about .nfo files.
(2013-11-04, 01:45)dmdsoftware Wrote: I'm a little confused. I have been following this post about how to setup strm files in PseudoTV for the past months and have gotten no where.

I have no problem getting the .strms added to XBMC. They show up under TV Shows. The information is all provided. I create a playlist and I see the shows under the playlist. But when I add the playlist to PseudoTV as a channel, I see it gets sees the .strm files, but it always shows:

I have used embler to create a .nfo and then create a channel that reads the directory. It reads the both the .strm and .nfo files, but shows

and then never adds the show to the channel. I finally looked at the source code today, and I see that a show will only be added to the channel if the duration of the show is > 0. There is no VideoParser for .strm. I do see the part of the code that will use runtime if duration is not found (as embler stores runtime and not duration and likewise xbmc keeps runtime info, not duration). The part that does a check for duration > 0 doesn't even let the show be added to the list of candidate shows where it can later use runtime=duration.

So to fix the problem, I removed the duration > 0, but then noticed it would add any file including nonvideo files, which causes problems (trying to play nonvideo files).

So I went back and created a STRMParser and the situation has gone away. It is now adding strm files.

But why did I have to do this?!? The tutorial doesn't say anything about having to modify the source code to make .strm files work. It simply suggests creating .nfo files using embler and let PseudoTV load those, but like I said, it seems to be ignoring them as NFO is not a video parser type, nor is STRM.

I have even tried adding a <duration>value</duration> to the .nfo but like I said, it doesn't even seem to care about .nfo files.

A lot of the instructions are out dated if you are using my fork of PTV.

What kind of strm parser could you have made? Strms hold no metadata to parse?

If you want to use strm episodes and movies as you would local media you would use a custom playlist channel in PTV after scraping the strms with xbmc.

As for your insight in the code... U r incorrect... U r truly confused and ignoring a lot of code...

Also if u r running frodo or higher nfos r ignored by xbmc, unless no scraper data is found.

On another note, NFOs have nothing to do with ptv, but rather xbmc. U r confused...
(2013-11-04, 01:59)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-11-04, 01:45)dmdsoftware Wrote: I'm a little confused. I have been following this post about how to setup strm files in PseudoTV for the past months and have gotten no where.

A lot of the instructions are out dated if you are using my fork of PTV.

What kind of strm parser could you have made? Strms hold no metadata to parse?

If you want to use strm episodes and movies as you would local media you would use a custom playlist channel in PTV after scraping the strms with xbmc.

As for your insight in the code... U r incorrect... U r truly confused and ignoring a lot of code...

Also if u r running frodo or higher nfos r ignored by xbmc, unless no scraper data is found.

On another note, NFOs have nothing to do with ptv, but rather xbmc. U r confused...

I agree, I was confused on .NFOs. I did use the .NFO to import the information into XBMC. embler doesn't seem to be creating a duration tag and PseudoTV seems intent on duration > 0, otherwise it skips the file. I have my TV Shows (which are mp4 files stored on Google Drive) captured in a bunch of .strm files. I've used the format of TVshow.SxxExx.strm. Got the generated embler .NFO files. Added a durationinseconds (which seems to be the only duration field I could find in embler. Once the data is scrapped into XBMC, I do see "runtime" and it has the correct value.

When either I use PseudoTV or PseudoTV Live (stable), when I load the custom playlist as a channel, the channel doesn't get populated with any shows, neither do the other channels (like Comedy etc). When I enable debug, I can see both plugins seeing matches on the playlist, and I can see it actually going through them, listing each .strm but immediately following the No Parser, and after it has finished going through each matching strm it reports there is no information for that channel, so the channel doesn't get populated with any shows. When I checked the code, the line in the ChannelList.py for "if duration > 0" was the problem. I could see from the data it was fetching from XBMC, there was a "runtime" field it is retrieving but duration=0 so the show never gets added. I can't figure out how to enforce XBMC to retain a duration from the NFO.

So, for the STRMParser, I just have it retrieving the <duration> value from corresponding NFO from the STRM so that the plugin is happy about a duration > 0 and thus adds the show to the channel lineup.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[PseudoTV] Guide for adding strm channels2