Random/Latest Widgets, InfoLine, and Backgrounds
I'm running the newest version of OpenElec with Aeon Nox. In my main menu I have 4 Smart Playlists mapped to Movies, Kids Movies, TV, Kids TV. Aeon Nox is setup so that Widgets, InfoLines, and Backgrounds switch when navigating to each playlist.

Everything was working flawlessly until a little while ago...

Now only the Movies playlists are displaying the correct widget thumbs, info, and backgrounds. Both of the TV playlists show blank thumbs, all '0' in the infoline, and no TV backgrounds. I can enter into either of the TV directories and everything looks normal (backgrounds, episode info, etc..) and I can also play whatever I want. The main menu display is the only thing not working.

All media is stored on a Synology DS212j and is access via NFS shares.

Since I'm somewhat of a linux noob, could someone point me to where I can troubleshoot this via ssh into the box (relevant log files, services, etc.)Huh

So far I've tried removing the TV playlists and adding from scratch and uninstalling services.skin.widgets (reboot) then re-installing it.

Thanks!

watch gallery
Quick Update....

I wiped the system and did a fresh install. Still seeing the same problem though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I don't think it's a skin issue, but the widget script

I'm having the same issue, it was working perfect 2 days ago but now the widget is not working for 2 playlists I have added to my main menu, but works fine for the default Movies and TV shows. I've already gone through the remove and reconfiguring playlists. I was going to do a full re-install, glad I didn't now. I'm running the GIT version of Aeon Nox btw.
(2013-03-30, 04:48)casey2542 Wrote: Now only the Movies playlists are displaying the correct widget thumbs, info, and backgrounds. Both of the TV playlists show blank thumbs, all '0' in the infoline, and no TV backgrounds. I can enter into either of the TV directories and everything looks normal (backgrounds, episode info, etc..) and I can also play whatever I want. The main menu display is the only thing not working.

Exactly the same thing happened to me.
I believe it's a new problem with the script.randomandlastitems smart playlist script and the dev is working to fix it...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=122448
Soory for that, guys.

GITHUB should be OK now.

Anyone could this it ?
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2013-03-30, 23:56)mikebzh44 Wrote: Soory for that, guys.

GITHUB should be OK now.

Anyone could this it ?

Just tried it, I get Error: Script failed randomandlastitems.py as soon as xbmc starts then intermittently every so often. Checked playlist widgets and main menu info line is working but the actual widget is still not populating show info
Debug Log
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-03-31, 00:31)Martijn Wrote: debug log

Was just in the process of doing one... never had to do one before so wanted to make sure I got it right...

Please let this be right.....

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=8534

Hope this helps?
can you replace current code from randomandlastitems.py with this http://pastebin.com/H7tGcQY0 and try again?
(2013-03-31, 00:56)Martijn Wrote: can you replace current code from randomandlastitems.py with this http://pastebin.com/H7tGcQY0 and try again?

It worked perfectly. Thank you so very much.
Awesome! Thanks for looking into this. Will the updated script be pushed out automatically?
It's pretty easy to edit the file to fix it yourself, navigate to the script.randomandlastitems directory in Addons, make a backup copy of the randomandlastitems.py file and then edit it with the info from the pastebin, then restart
I got it working. Thanks all!
Repo should be updated today with this fix

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random/Latest Widgets, InfoLine, and Backgrounds0