Playback issues since 10.8.3 update on Mac Mini
(2013-04-04, 10:03)activate Wrote: Assuming that the downgrades were not fresh installs, have you installed any new apps in the past two weeks ? and also have you already tried a power cycle of all the devices.

I started getting setup to use the PVR/LiveTV setup with MythTV Backend and a HomeRunHD Dual. Since I started having these issues I removed MySQL, removed MythTVBackend, and unplugged the HomeRunHD Dual from the network. I have rebooted the NAS, factory reset and then re-setup (with a different SSID) my router, and while not a fresh version -- downgraded OSX back to 10.8.1. I haven't recently added any new content to the NAS that I feel would have caused problems either.
odd
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Completely formatted via Disk Utility. Reinstalled OSX 10.8.1. Reinstalled Eden and nothing else. Not one single issue so far. With Gamer, or The Departed. Both played without a single stutter or other issue.

Thanks for looking into this Memphiz. I have no idea what the deal was.
What a hassle, I was going to suggest things like using Onyx.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

(2013-04-05, 05:17)activate Wrote: What a hassle, I was going to suggest things like using Onyx.

What is Onyx?
Onyx is a very useful mac utility tool to verify file structure, disk integrity etc. Its a good idea to run it every now and then. I didn't think this was a mac system issue but who knows.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

(2013-04-05, 08:58)activate Wrote: Onyx is a very useful mac utility tool to verify file structure, disk integrity etc. Its a good idea to run it every now and then. I didn't think this was a mac system issue but who knows.

Always good to find out about new utilities. Thank you for that!
Just to share, I had similar problems with my mac mini bought a month ago. The solution for me was to remove the "Rebroadcast Automatically" from AirServer.

I'm not sure whether it is connected to generic activity in the OS (thus not bound to concrete application) or with this particular setting in this application, anyway now the "shuttering" that was happening every 5-10 minutes is gone now.

Try to close all other running apps/services and check if problem is gone.
We are building up a short list here, first Eye TV, now Air Server. Thanks for pointing this one out.

I too am having this problem with 12.1 freezing about every 40~60 min since upgrading to 10.8.3. Its a real bummer, I hope there is a quick fix for it in sight.
(2013-04-07, 18:21)lidow Wrote: Just to share, I had similar problems with my mac mini bought a month ago. The solution for me was to remove the "Rebroadcast Automatically" from AirServer.

I'm not sure whether it is connected to generic activity in the OS (thus not bound to concrete application) or with this particular setting in this application, anyway now the "shuttering" that was happening every 5-10 minutes is gone now.

Try to close all other running apps/services and check if problem is gone.

Thanks! You made my day! I did spend hours looking for a solution!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback issues since 10.8.3 update on Mac Mini0