Library issues
Hi everyone
I have installed xbmc on the pi (thank god it's been made idiot proof, and thank god I wasn't that much of an idiot I didn't bork it)
Initially I put all the films I had into folders and used a programme called ViMediamanager for the mac to get all the extra information to go in each folder for the improved menu experience. However, I just can't seem to get the XBMC to look into the folders and draw the library from there.
This is my second go at setting it up as the first time I got the programme to go via the ethernet cable to my Mac library in the other room and I think the Pi scraped the information from the internet, which worked fine and though a little slow I was happy with it as it was going via the router. However I wanted to try it on the hard drive so I can take it anywhere with me.

Does anyone know where I need to go in the settings so it looks in the folders for all the information.

thanks in advance guys
But you said it was idiot proof? Smile

We need a debug log to tell what is not working - enable debugging (System -> Settings -> System -> Debugging), then perform a scan, then login to the Pi and execute the command:

Code:
grep -vi ceclog /storage/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log | pastebinit

and paste the URL here.

Not familiar with ViMediamanager so no idea if that has correctly named your content or not. Some examples of your filenames would help too.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Sounds like you just haven't scanned them in. You just do it as if it was a normal internet scan, but XBMC will use the locally placed files instead. Using a media manager and local files won't make a difference for portability, though. Once XBMC does a library scan, then the info is stored locally.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library issues0