OS X How to set Movie content on folders
I just installed 12.1 on my test set up before pushing it to the Mac Mini the wife will use.

On our folder where we store TV Shows, the content can be set to TV Shows and it appears the default scraper then uses TShowDB.org or some such. No other options exist, or even a method to define a "Movie" category.

I loaded 11.x just prior to this on this same machine and it had Music and TVShows. 12.1 has only TVShows.

How does one get this fucntionality back as it existed in Dharma?
Nothing changed in that regard to Dharma. You should just be able to set content to what you need.

This is a fresh new install?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yes, an install over version 11 on a mac.
I had to kill the XBMCHelper app and then install from .dmg.
I just deleted all of the old install I could find and then did an install and had to wait for the scan to pick up all the movie information - thank god I put .nfo files with each ISO image.

I'm much rather see an upgrade option for the mac than a "nuke from orbit" approach, but I suspect that's an Apple issue, not an XBMC issue.

This thread probably ought to be marked as solved, I suppose - but I'm not sure how to do that.

I moved the other question I had here to another thread, as that seemed more appropriate.
I've never seen or heard of such an issue for Mac OS X. Upgrades on Mac OS X should be no different than on other OSes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to set Movie content on folders0