XBMC doesn't see iso files?
XBMC doesn't see iso files? What am I doing wrong?
Define "doesn't see". Are they not being picked up when scanning into your library? Are you (un)able to play them from the files view? More info is needed.
After scanning, it does not see my iso files. I can see my other file types mp3, flac, wav.....but iso's do not show up in files view.
Files view will show all files, even ones XBMC doesn't support. Are you sure you are browsing in file mode and not library mode? If you are referring to the music library (you mention mp3, flac, wav), I don't know if iso is a supported music format in XBMC. It's definitely a supported video format.
I'm ressurecting this thread. Indeed, I have the same problem. I'm just taking my first steps with XBMC but so far I'm loving it. Only, it doesn't show my ISO and AVI files in the library. And also not via my iPad (with XBMC remote - but I'm guessing this is because this uses the library). If I go through the file browser, all the files are showed and both ISO's and AVI's play fine as well..

I've ripped all my DVD's to ISO, and removed all the menus, languages and subs which I didn't need. So the ISO's only contain the movie itself and some subs. They also start playing immediately when the file is selected, just the way I like it.

For some reason, the library doesn't like ISO files and chooses to ignore them. The same for AVI's. Is this correct, and is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!
No, its not correct. ISO and AVI extensions are both supported by XBMC and should be correctly scanned into your library.

1st steps advice -

1) ensure you have actually scanned your source directories into your library.

2) Assuming 1) is done, check that you have set your sources to use a movie scraper (obvious but people do miss that bit Wink)

3) Check your naming is correct. If XBMC can't match the filenames to actual movies, it'll not add them to the library.

Use this link, and the menu on the right of that page to check everything is set up correctly. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...he_library
Thanks for your swift reply!
I have scanned the directories, multiple times. This worked for almost all files, except for ISO's and AVI's. No, let me rephrase that: when I look at the series in the library, I DO see the series being pictured. There's also a nice jpg of it. But then, when I tap on it, only an empty screen shows up saying "no items found".

Here's how I did the naming. eg. with the 4 DVD box of BlackAdder:
Code:
Blackadder -> (subdir) Series 1 -> 1 - BlackAdder - The Foretelling.iso
           -> (subdir) Series 1 -> 2 - BlackAdder - The Born to be a king.iso
           -> (Subdir) Series 4 -> 6 - BlackAdder - Goodbyeee.iso

Every episode is a separate .iso file. I found this methode to be the handiest, since this way I could get rid of the DVD menu and simply click on the file I want to play (and it starts playing immediately, with the correct subs).

Isn't this a good naming convention? (btw, I've talked about ISO files here, but the same applies when the files are .AVIs)

Thanks!
How many iso files do you have per season?

If you have 6 iso files for season 1, name like this:

Blackadder -> Season 1 -> Blackadder.S01E01.iso
Blackadder -> Season 1 -> Blackadder.S01E02.iso
Blackadder -> Season 1 -> Blackadder.S01E03.iso
Blackadder -> Season 1 -> Blackadder.S01E04.iso
Blackadder -> Season 1 -> Blackadder.S01E05.iso
Blackadder -> Season 1 -> Blackadder.S01E06.iso

If you have one ISO file for season 1, name like this:
Blackadder -> Season 1 -> Blackadder.S01E01E02E03E04E05E06.iso

BTW, if you want to get rid of dvd menu and extras, download makemkv and rip straight to MKV
The naming is incorrect as there's nothing in the file name to tell XBMC the Season and Episode in the season, see Video_library/Naming_files/TV_shows (wiki)

[edit] Beaten to it Smile
Ok, I'll make the necessary correntions and report back here! Thanks!

Success!!! Thanks guys!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC doesn't see iso files?0