Black bars in playback but not in menu?
Hi! I've just moved and decided to remove my old computer screen and just use my hdtv wich is working fine, the only problem is when i playback some things it's like the resolution is changing and i get small black bars on the right, the left, the top and the bottom. Insted of 60hz that's the best my graphic card can use it changes to 24hz on that playback (don't think that has to do with anything..)

But when i'm playing my video and go back to "main menu" it's all full screen again in normal resolution, and i've tried a bunch of movies/shows and it's not just one the problem occures in.

I have xbmc set to 1920x1080, fullscreen
vertical sync: on playback
render method: auto
hardware acceleration: dxva2 (tried to switch this off also)
adjust display refresh rate to match video: on
sync playback to display: on

Thanks in advance! Smile
If your using an AMD graphics card, the likelkihood is that it is an overscan issue. Check in Catalyst Control Centre and check all refresh rates you use (24, 25, 50 etc), amending overscan settings for each one to 0%.
(2013-03-31, 10:55)steelman1991 Wrote: If your using an AMD graphics card, the likelkihood is that it is an overscan issue. Check in Catalyst Control Centre and check all refresh rates you use (24, 25, 50 etc), amending overscan settings for each one to 0%.

Thank you sir! works like a charm Big Grin
You're welcome - glad it solved your problem.
does this apply to Nvidia cards as well? i am getting black bars on top and bottom as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black bars in playback but not in menu?0