Help:Music Tagging Problem
Here is how i have it in Mp3tag

Still having the issue.

Maybe this makes it better to watch

I don't see the problem with the text in your last image. Only problem I notice is apparently you haven't embedded a cover for the track that's playing.

Where you have the arrows on left side shows same info as in mp3 tag on right side. So what is the problem?

Would also be helpful when taking screenshots of mp3tag, highlight the track on right side so info shows up on left side.
Actually, I don't see anything wrong in your post with the 3 pictures either.

In XBMC its showing Album Name | Track# Song Title | Genre

What are you wanting/expecting it to show?
I asked for a mp3 so i can try it out :)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Reread your original post and noticed the following remark:
(2013-03-31, 02:58)Paynemaster Wrote: I putted up my Music folder, but i found out that the artist name had the be in the Music File's name...

Artist name DOES NOT have to be in file name. In fact from what I gather, you can have filename about anything you want AS LONG AS TAG INFO IS CORRECT. In fact I noticed from your mp3tag image that some of your file names are pretty long. It isn't really a good idea to have unnecessarily long file names, so I would suggest removing at least the artist name from beginning. I'd recommend removing album name as well leaving just track number followed by title of track.

Example:

Change your song title:
Spyda; Fresh; Pendulum; Tenor Fly - Hold Your Colour[2005] - 08 - Tarantula.wma

To:
08 Tarantula.wma

Again as far as what's showing in your images, it looks correct to me. if you'd rather have artist name displayed there instead of album or track name, you can change it in the main settings.

Again though, your tags have to be correct. When you select a individual file in MP3tag, you need to fill in at minimum on right hand side the following sections.

Title(which should be song name ONLY. no track #, artist name, etc..)
Artist(should only be artist name)
Album(should only be album name)
Track(song number)
Album Artist(This is an important. Seems a lot of programs use this to determine artist name to show, likely XMBC as well. I usually just use same thing here as I put in "Artist" section)

Not required, but I would also recommend putting in album year and genre as well. NOTE: If you want to add more than one genre for a song, separate each one like so: " / "([space][forwardslash][space] Example: Rock / Pop

And remember, you need to make sure to hit the save icon once you've made changes to a song BEFORE selecting the next one or your changes will be lost.
(2013-04-05, 02:42)ComputerGuru269 Wrote: Actually, I don't see anything wrong in your post with the 3 pictures either.

Well what i whant to show in Xbmc is ''Artist''/''Album''/''Song''

and thats also the reason its not showing any embedded cover, because the artist name is not in the discription of the music name on xbmc
(2013-04-05, 15:42)Paynemaster Wrote:
(2013-04-05, 02:42)ComputerGuru269 Wrote: Actually, I don't see anything wrong in your post with the 3 pictures either.

and thats also the reason its not showing any embedded cover, because the artist name is not in the discription of the music name on xbmc

do you actually read my request to provide a file so we can look at it?
this might be fixed in nightlies and not in 12.1
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-04-05, 15:46)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-04-05, 15:42)Paynemaster Wrote:

do you actually read my request to provide a file so we can look at it?
this might be fixed in nightlies and not in 12.1

u whant to try out my music file? i don't have dropbox or anything similar. we could try it with Skype. Send me a PM with ur username. btw iam Dutch iam getting the feeling ur also dutch.
So, assuming all your tagging is fine could you go to music library - songs and sort by track and check you see something like this. If not it's obviously not importing the data properly..

(2013-04-05, 15:42)Paynemaster Wrote: Well what i whant to show in Xbmc is ''Artist''/''Album''/''Song''

Well, as long as your tagging is correct, I saw a setting under music in the main settings section that lets you select that. I don't have XBMC installed at moment so can't check for sure where and not sure of the wording required to have it show like you want, but I'm sure someone else here knows. By the way, I'm not sure why you need artist name there. Is it not shown at top of screen for you like it is for me. Like where the word "Song" is at top of WelshPaul's image above?

(2013-04-05, 15:42)Paynemaster Wrote: and thats also the reason its not showing any embedded cover, because the artist name is not in the discription of the music name on xbmc
Not sure what/where you are talking about when you say, "in the discription of the music name in XBMC". XBMC gets what it uses as the music name from what is entered in the "Title" section inside the files tag. You should most definitely NOT also have the artist name in that section in the tag. Artist name has it's own section. And not having it there IS NOT why your embedded covers don't show.

I'm starting to conclude by your statements that you are ignoring everything we are stressing about proper tagging and that is why you are having problems.

Could you post another screenshot of a non-working file opened in MP3tag, making sure it is selected on right side so that the info shows on left side before taking screenshot.
(2013-04-05, 16:15)WelshPaul Wrote: So, assuming all your tagging is fine could you go to music library - songs and sort by track and check you see something like this. If not it's obviously not importing the data properly..

there is no option to sort it by track, so i sorted it by name and here are the results

Sorry, maybe I'm being stupid, but isn't that what you were wanting to see - artist-album-song ?
(2013-04-05, 12:49)ComputerGuru269 Wrote: Reread your original post and noticed the following remark:
[quote='Paynemaster' pid='1382992' dateline='1364691530']I putted up my Music folder, but i found out that the artist name had the be in the Music File's name...

Artist name DOES NOT have to be in file name. In fact from what I gather, you can have filename about anything you want AS LONG AS TAG INFO IS CORRECT. In fact I noticed from your mp3tag image that some of your file names are pretty long. It isn't really a good idea to have unnecessarily long file names, so I would suggest removing at least the artist name from beginning. I'd recommend removing album name as well leaving just track number followed by title of track.

Example:

Change your song title:
Spyda; Fresh; Pendulum; Tenor Fly - Hold Your Colour[2005] - 08 - Tarantula.wma

To:
08 Tarantula.wma

This is how i made it with one artist. this looks any good to u?

Paynemaster Wrote:This is how i made it with one artist. this looks any good to u?
Yes, text looks fine. Only thing I see is that you haven't added(embedded) coverart for it. Does that album not show artist name in XBMC? If not, back up one level from album level(like in your screenshot) to artist level, then right click that album and select "Scan into Library". Now open up that album again and see if fixed it. If that doesn't fix it, I don't know what else to suggest.

As for your XBMC image versus WelshPaul's, I noticed his screenshot was in "Library" mode, yours was in "File" mode. I'm not real familiar with XBMC yet so not sure what the difference is between modes or if there is any, but thought I'd mention it. I did discover though that I think you can't select "library" mode until you have scanned items into the library, which makes since. No point of letting user switch to library mode if nothings been scanned into it yet, lol.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help:Music Tagging Problem0