Help:Music Tagging Problem
So, to make sure we're on the same page this time, let's take the greatest soundtrack artist of all time as an example, i.e. Irene Cara !!

You would want an artist of "Soundtrack", when you click in that you see "Albums by Irene" and when you click that you see "Fame" and "Footloose".

I think in library view you could only do that is with the track title as you can't go down three levels. Presuming you want your other compilation artists to be showing but not these I think you'd have to put "Various" as the artists. So you'd have:
Track - 01 Footloose - What a Feeling
Artist - Various
Album - Irene Cara
Album Artist - Soundtrack

Track - 02 Fame - Title Song
Artist - Various
Album - Irene Cara

Track - 01 Footloose - Romeo
Artist - Various
Album - Donna Summer

etc
(2013-04-19, 09:04)WelshPaul Wrote: So, to make sure we're on the same page this time, let's take the greatest soundtrack artist of all time as an example, i.e. Irene Cara !!

You would want an artist of "Soundtrack", when you click in that you see "Albums by Irene" and when you click that you see "Fame" and "Footloose".

I think in library view you could only do that is with the track title as you can't go down three levels. Presuming you want your other compilation artists to be showing but not these I think you'd have to put "Various" as the artists. So you'd have:
Track - 01 Footloose - What a Feeling
Artist - Various
Album - Irene Cara

Track - 02 Fame - Title Song
Artist - Various
Album - Irene Cara

Track - 01 Footloose - Romeo
Artist - Various
Album - Donna Summer

etc

Thanks for the reply. its looks nice in that way. The only thing i changed with ur example is the Artist. I made it blank , because if u don't u will see Various in the track title when it is being played. No reason for me to use that. I also uploaded some thumbs for myself so its not looking that naked. However. I don't know how to change the left art window. i checked out the ''album information'' section but i cannot see anything to config it

i made a screenshot so it makes it a little bit better to understand

I think they're using the Artwork Downloader for that picture, and with nothing in the artist or album artist tags for it to work from I guess it doesn't know what to look for. That's the downside of not fully tagging. Not sure if you could override it by hacking the xml file to include a fallback if there's no artist. You'd need to ask the Aeon guys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help:Music Tagging Problem0