best cheap htpc for xbmc?
(2013-04-09, 20:37)TwistedNy Wrote: Can anyone help with the installation process for openelec? I currently have windows 7 installed on my Arctic and i am not to happy with it
http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=Installation
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If you want to watch full hd quality movies like ripped blu-rays, you need at least an Intel Core i5 with a dedicated graphics card. Minimum $1,000... $100 is just enough to buy a decent motherboard. You should look into just buying a mini-PC (the ones that look like a flash drive) with Android Jelly Bean. They connect to your TV through an HDMI port and are powerful enough to at least stream blu-ray quality over WiFi. They only run about $100-150.
(2013-07-20, 20:55)HTPCfrustration Wrote: If you want to watch full hd quality movies like ripped blu-rays, you need at least an Intel Core i5 with a dedicated graphics card. Minimum $1,000... $100 is just enough to buy a decent motherboard. You should look into just buying a mini-PC (the ones that look like a flash drive) with Android Jelly Bean. They connect to your TV through an HDMI port and are powerful enough to at least stream blu-ray quality over WiFi. They only run about $100-150.

erm......
i can play br rips on my "poor" Arctic.... (with openelec)... which cost me 99 euros... (plus ram and hdd)

about Android players there is much debate on what the can do....

but mostly the debate is whether they do right what they advertise Wink ....
(2013-07-20, 20:55)HTPCfrustration Wrote: If you want to watch full hd quality movies like ripped blu-rays, you need at least an Intel Core i5 with a dedicated graphics card. Minimum $1,000... $100 is just enough to buy a decent motherboard. You should look into just buying a mini-PC (the ones that look like a flash drive) with Android Jelly Bean. They connect to your TV through an HDMI port and are powerful enough to at least stream blu-ray quality over WiFi. They only run about $100-150.

Wow.. So all those reports that the intel nuc with the celeron 847 must false i guess? $1000 and an i5... that's really overkill
The OUYA $99 will play all 1080p MKVs you can throw at it with a fast interface.

You have to use XBMC ALPHA 1 that has hardware acceleration.

Over the course of the next couple months OUYA xbmc support will just get better.

'xbmc-20130219-32e99c7-android-hwaccel-armeabi-v7a.apk'

WTF. Another less than 10 poster spouting tosh! You can play 1080p on a raspberry pi FFS! That's £25!

You're a muppet!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
best cheap htpc for xbmc?0