Req tv-scraper support for compilation-disks
Hi all,

First of all:
- I hope I'm in the right place now (3 times is a charm)
- and hopefully this situation will be recognised (and dealt with Wink)

Now... here's the thing...

Many tv-series can be bought on dvd. In many cases there are 3-6 episodes per dvd. Example: Star Trek The Next Generation. When I make copies of those disks to (let's say) a NAS, in the form of an ISO, or just copy all the files from VIDEO_TS, and place them in a folder in the tv-series section, they can be played. Great! The tv-scraper gets the info & the pretty pictures and adds all that to the library, similar to what the movie-scraper does. Wonderful!

But... a movie can be started/played from the library, however tv-series stored/scraped in that same way cannot...
(Tv-series can only be played when the episodes are stored as individual files... (such as mkv))

So... The movie-scraper does what I want (play from library), but gets no info for tv-series.
The tv-series scraper updates the library, but leaves a dead end... (no play from library)

Request: tv-scraper adds (not only) the series-info, but also the 'play'-info in the library for dvd's (like the movie-scraper does...)
why not use the free program makemkv ?
you can rip your DVD's to mkv without quality loss,
and choose your choice of audio and subs.
and you don't have to go through the anoying menu's and commercial and copyright shit you can't skip
and it's fast also.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
A nice suggestion, and I tried it, but...
... a lot of work to convert 2000+ dvd's.
Still hoping for 'play-from-library'-support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tv-scraper support for compilation-disks0